The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

I can't warrant spending $1000+ plus the installation every year for snow tires that may not even be needed.

I just stay home and watch hockey and don't go out driving if/when it snows.

That's what I used to say, too.  But this year I got a new car, and figured the winter tires would be icing on the cake.  They have been so useful here (on Vancouver Island)!  Also, if you wear the tires 5 months, you extend the life of your all-weathers, so it's not such an outrageous expense.  Labour to put them on and off is a pain, though, I agree.

2 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

What?!? The kid will likely get slaughtered by the Sharks...but I love it. Love that they're putting him in. The team's gotta come up huge tonight. 

Is this actually entertaining hockey in February? %$&! yeah. Off to the game!!

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

What?!? The kid will likely get slaughtered by the Sharks...but I love it. Love that they're putting him in. The team's gotta come up huge tonight. 

Is this actually entertaining hockey in February? %$&! yeah. Off to the game!!

love most likely giving up two points in the heat of a playoff race?

Just now, gameburn said:

So true.  Jake more a of a forecheck presence, maybe, Stone good everywhere.  Jake could learn more about the cerebral part of the game from Stone too.

Jake is all about the neutral zone turnovers on the backcheck, imo.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So if Mikey gets a shutout tonight will there be an official goalie controversy?  :ph34r:

I guess we have no choice.  Marky deserves a rest tonight.  What happens if Mikey gets ventilated?  Marky shouldn’t have to come in, right?  This one game could very well be a make it or break it game for Mikey.  

I say right now, that this is an absolutely STUPID move by Green.  

Just now, pluralsight said:

This could also serve as a wake up call to the D who were pretty bad last game. You'd think they would tighten up for a 19 year old rookie goalie on an emergency call up. 

Sitting Pouliot in favour of Breezer might also help too.

I'm going to be furious if they hang Mikey out to dry the way Team Canada did.

21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I hear you.  I feel like a muppet but I do drive up mount Washington to ski with the kids and don’t want to be “that guy” in the onion skins....what tires do you recommend?

i run a Sierra HD. 

I dont offroad ever but often on a gravel road.  All highway usually.

Go to Kal Tire and buy the Nokia non studded 8 ply Hakapaleta’s. You’ll be able to use them year round for 3-5 years depending on the mileage you rack up. Free rotations and flat repairs can save you money. 

Archived