The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

What evidence has DiPietro given that he can't handle this?  The kid's an absolute beauty.

I’m hopeful too, but he’s a junior goalie, who is used to junior kids’ shots.  NHL guys are on a level he’s not seen, except in practice.  

I think Green is getting a good read on the “room” by starting Mike and Zack tonight..   I think the Vets feel embarrassed by the 50 shots on Markstroms win over Calgary,.   and the TEAM need to win one more dynamically than that.

My guess is that there is a lot of energy about to come out of that dressing room, and a great atmosphere for Zack and Mike to burn their adrenaline in.

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Should take good note of this, considering Green has always wanted to have players in a practice or two before throwing them in.  Not just here as a reward or experience, but he's going in.  As well, if they knew Sutter was hurting before the recall, they didn't bring up a C, of which Gaudette would have been the most likely candidate.  They really want a look at him.

Finally we are at the point we've all been waiting for -- the influx of developing prospects.  We have Gaudette who will almost certainly return this year, plus Hughes who will be here in a month's time, then more to come next September and possibly even something at the TDL.  Exciting times, this team is going to get VERY young.

yep

and all the coiler players

are wondering why their team is not in a similar position

such a sad situation over there

well i'm not really very sad about it

just noting that they all likely are

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Bottoms up pal!

I'm up for this one now. Was before but now I'm pumped

Snowstorm

Rookies

Beer

Love the snow, love the beer, we’ll see about the rookies, not to thrilled about the timing for DiPietro.

Just now, Alflives said:

I’m hopeful too, but he’s a junior goalie, who is used to junior kids’ shots.  NHL guys are on a level he’s not seen, except in practice.  

He got invited to the men's team for the Worlds though.  He also knows the Sharks' tendencies better than they know his.  Regardless, he's our goalie and I have every bit of confidence in him.

Archived