The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We should make the draft in Vancouver a good atmosphere

Rate this topic

On Karlsson, I'm not against it per se, but his injury history does worry me. When we have players coming here that were previously very durable during their careers running into crazy injury problems as soon as they come to Vancouver, it makes me nervous about bringing over players with previous injury problems. That may change when Seattle enters the league and we have less travel though, so who knows.

Edited by mayor MCcheese

19 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

Make the draft experience fun for everyone but Bettman. Guy will always be a menace to the game.

A menace to the game? The best commissioner in all of sports is a menace to the game. There’s a reason he got inducted into the hall of fame he’s one of the greatest if not the greatest. People just pretend he’s this villain because they want to find a scapegoat, it’s a victim complex I’ll never understand it’s fun to boo Bettman but anyone that actually knows or follows his work knows he’s good at what he does.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

A menace to the game? The best commissioner in all of sports is a menace to the game. There’s a reason he got inducted into the hall of fame he’s one of the greatest if not the greatest. People just pretend he’s this villain because they want to find a scapegoat, it’s a victim complex I’ll never understand it’s fun to boo Bettman but anyone that actually knows or follows his work knows he’s good at what he does.

Bettman is very good in certain areas. His prime job is to enhance the NHL while protecting the owners interests. Three work stoppages reek of failure !

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Bettman is very good in certain areas. His prime job is to enhance the NHL while protecting the owners interests. Three work stoppages reek of failure !

that's more on ownership than Bettman, they are his boss

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!FIX THE DRAFT!!

I think you mean stop &^@#ing us over!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah if we want a good atmosphere Benning needs to add more early round picks as well, we can't just sit on our hands with 10th and 40th overall.  I count at least 12 different teams that have extra picks in the first 3 rounds and we aren't one of them.  

I look to LA. So many multiple picks in the 2000s.

This draft class is looking like one of the best since the McDavid - Eichel class.  

We need to get some chants going and let the players know that they’re getting a great city and great fans if they choose to play in Vancouver. 

17 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

His good out weighs his bad, franchises are now paying 650 million to join the league, he’s expanded the league more then anyone could of thought possible and while a couple franchises suffer the league as a whole has NEVER been this healthy. From ratings, stock merchandise revenue and popularity....markets are growing social media has helped of course you neeed to remember he’s also survived through three work stoppages because he won. You know that right?

bettman works for the owners and he absolutely won what you call his biggest failure, only one lockout was a full year and he gave the pa a starting price and said this is what the salary cap is going to be and it’s a take it or leave it offer and the pa waited for them to lower their price and he never did. The pa eventually agreed in June or whatever and Bettman stuck to his word and they ended up doing a deal for way less then what they wanted because they figured they’d be the ones winning. Owners satisfied Bettman wins, got goodenow fired. The fact the league has survived and thrived after the stoppages is a testament to how hes handled everything.

the salary cap is tremendous and the league isn’t perfect but it’s made things a lot better. He’s also done very well with tv deals and he’s been at his job for a quarter of a century and still going strong.

people can boo him I would too it’s fun and he had his faults but the man is extremely successful and people are like sheep they see Bettmans name attached  to anything involved in this sport because it’s just oh so easy to put his name beside anything bad. But of course those same people wouldn’t Dare put his name beside anything good! That’s no fun! 

Its fooled a lot of people.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

As long as there isn't a dynamic where spectators have a specific player in mind and if that player isn't selected they boo. That would be the nut low response .  It would be like the reverse Steve Francis reaction but I could see it happening to some degree because people are morons.

On 4/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, Generational.EP40 said:

Imagine not wanting the 2nd best dman in the league after Doughty !

what is wrong with our fan base :frantic:

Doughty is the best dman in the league?

Hmmm.

Doughty is -34! 

I thought Gudbranson's -20 made him the 'officially the worst Dman in the NHL....?

But Doughty at -34 = the best.

• Cheers 1