The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SUSPENSION] Kadri Suspension - Rest of Round 1

53 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

Can't believe people are still upset about 2011, that was 8 years ago already. Long since time to move on.

Looks good on Toronto, everyone except their management knew they weren't tough enough. Hope the Canuck's build a balanced team and include some toughness with skill instead of just getting high end but soft players. Kadri was the only "tough' player they had and obviously not very smart. Now he's going to get what he deserve's for being a rat for so many years. 

I'll move on when I'm good and ready

While will be never. &^@# the Bruins

Edit: For the record, I'd still hate them even if we'd won. There's enough bad blood there. Most of the players may have changed but the fans are the same. The ownership is the same. The announcer, commentator, attitude, and rats are the same.

9 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

burrows and kesler never used their sticks as weapons against other guys in an attempt to take them out of the game (in fact, remember that one crosscheck right to keslers face, early in his career here from boulerice; we never saw that guy again). retaliations happen, crosschecks happen, but really look at this kadri play-- i've never seen burrows do that, let alone twice in one year

here, kadri knew exactly what he was doing, and that was to try and take someone, who was singlehandedly killing the leafs, out of this series

Yes they did. Regularly. Lots of spears, huge hacks legs/arm, and they definitely cross checked the back of opponents heads whenever they could. Regardless of if they got caught by the league with a suspension or not they did do it and often to an extent where they were pests just like Kadri. Obviously Kadri’s case today is more severe but there’s more than 1 way to weaponize a stick and Burr+Kes did so themselves.

And besides the stick thing, my point being they were just as dirty in their own ways /they crossed the line many many times lol.

Still angry he got nothing for the elbow on Daniel.

He's a dirty player through and through.

I hope they only give him one game so he can play and get maimed by some douchey Bruin who ends up getting suspended.

I hate both teams. I hope a leaf ends Ratboy and bruin ruins Marner

20 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Yes they did. Regularly. Lots of spears, huge hacks legs/arm, and they definitely cross checked the back of opponents heads whenever they could. Regardless of if they got caught by the league with a suspension or not they did do it and often to an extent where they were pests just like Kadri. Obviously Kadri’s case today is more severe but there’s more than 1 way to weaponize a stick and Burr+Kes did so themselves.

And besides the stick thing, my point being they were just as dirty in their own ways /they crossed the line many many times lol.

you may choose to remember them that way, but if you take an actual objective view, and not play devil's advocate, and take out certain isolated incidences that happen all the time in hockey, then i'll take what you say with a little more vailidity

what kadri does, doesn't happen all the time in hockey. nazem kadri is the most self-destructive player i've seen in a long time, who ends up screwing his own team over, but yet constantly escapes any long term discipline for those actions. this time, i don't think this is the case. the league better set a prime example and throw the book at this guy

The unfortunate part about this series is that one of the teams has to win.

The cross check to the head is bad enough but DeBrusk was in a really vulnerable position.  I hope the league takes this very seriously.  I don't think they should distinguish between playoffs and regular season. 

I am pretty harsh about discipline in these situations.  I think Wilson should have sat the rest of the season after all the crap he pulled.

I think that more 'extreme' incidents are to come ! The reffing has allowed every series become a free for all ! They're not even pretending that the post season rules are the same as the regular season rules. Players will start diving to draw attention to the many, many uncalled infractions and occasionally incidents like this will happen. Frustration will lead nowhere good !

5 hours ago, Pears said:

What’s amazing is leafs fans will still somehow defend this. Get this piece of human trash out of the league. 

all around twitter, leafs fans are saying "DB had it coming all game long" okay, that's a leafs issue for allowing one guy to get under your skin. you can argue that the refs allowed a little too much to happen. the leafs tried to target debrusk, but he's emerging as one of those "playoff" guys that you need, the only way to silence that, is to take him out, and thats what kadri felt he had to do, and it might cost his team, yet another early exit. even if the bruins are shorthanded and down guys, and they bring up inexperienced guys, they'll know what their role is, and that's to hit and wear down a soft leafs team. i wouldn't rule out an undermanned bruins roster one bit. they have depth

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

The unfortunate part about this series is that one of the teams has to win.

The cross check to the head is bad enough but DeBrusk was in a really vulnerable position.  I hope the league takes this very seriously.  I don't think they should distinguish between playoffs and regular season. 

I am pretty harsh about discipline in these situations.  I think Wilson should have sat the rest of the season after all the crap he pulled.

here's my take on wilson: he got off easy, but he at least attempted to clean up his game a little bit, and thats in most part to ovechkin knowing the true value of this guy and the future success of that capitals team. as the season went on, wilson's "dirty" antics dried up and he became a potent goal scorer playing with ovi, and ovi isn't really known for being a set up guy, but that chemistry with wilson, that's how you win stanley cups

44 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

I think that more 'extreme' incidents are to come ! The reffing has allowed every series become a free for all ! They're not even pretending that the post season rules are the same as the regular season rules. Players will start diving to draw attention to the many, many uncalled infractions and occasionally incidents like this will happen. Frustration will lead nowhere good !

going forward, i think we're going to see more calls against both teams. kinda like the jets/preds last year, where they were killing eachother and it looked like they were getting away with murder, we might see it here going forward. we get that its playoff hockey and all, but we have to remember that these are human beings out there and we gotta slow it down a little before someone gets seriously hurt

8 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

The knee on knee hit was dirty and--I think--intentional. But this was retaliatory. That together with his suspension history, and I think he's looking at at least 6 games.

I dont think so. DB was in his stance the entire time Kadri was coming at him. His knee never moved from his stance. I though Kyprios said it right. "I can hit you with my elbow and it isnt elbowing". To me, the kneeing penalty is reserved for when a player hangs the knee out. Not the case here IMHO.  

Archived