The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicholson and Vey found not guilty at retrial after iPod recording ruled inadmissible

Rate this topic

Me_

7 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Just brutal that's got to weigh on a guy, especially when hes trying to make the transition from AHL to NHL.

I'm not sure anyone would really get over something like this, pretty sure it would bother me for life. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Just brutal that's got to weigh on a guy, especially when hes trying to make the transition from AHL to NHL.

Absolutely. It would devastate all aspects of a person's life. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

27 year old Linden Vey is signed for next season with CSKA Moskva after a decent 12-31-43 +35 in 59 games last season

Probably the best place for him, far away from all of this.  Didn't like the way he was used here but hopefully he's able to carve out some kind of career.  Making a living playing hockey in Russia doesn't sound bad at all considering what he's gone through.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, D-Money said:

What a joke the law can be.

Clearly the evidence proves guilt.  Oh but the prosecution can’t use evidence that proves guilt.  Just do what’s right.  Lawyers can be such scum.  Your client is clearly guilty of a very serious crime, but who cares about doing what’s right.  Let’s just let losers back out into the general public.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 2

I think the OP is putting a bit too much effort into his threads.

Would have liked to see what Linden would have been capable of without the underlying hell in his family life.

Wish him the best.

Gonna avoid commenting on 'justice'.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2

On 5/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, Alflives said:

Clearly the evidence proves guilt.  Oh but the prosecution can’t use evidence that proves guilt.  Just do what’s right.  Lawyers can be such scum.  Your client is clearly guilty of a very serious crime, but who cares about doing what’s right.  Let’s just let losers back out into the general public.  

You know the old saying right?   Whats a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?.........A good start.