The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Willie D new coach and GM for Medicine Hat

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

There has to be something going on between those 2 that WD's wife wouldn't appreciate.  First of all, he allows Megna to disgrace the Canucks uniform by letting him play like complete garbage with no fear of repercussions, now he hires him with no experience for 2 jobs?  I know those who can't do, teach, but I fail to see how this useless plug knows the first thing about what makes a good hockey player just because his idiot of a boss gifted him undeserved minutes for no good reason.

I feel bad for Tigers fans.

Willie’s a good minor league coach though I don’t know what GM type skills are required in junior.  His tenure was a complete failure here but he didn’t hire himself here so I don’t blame him for being out of his element,  Good guy so I hope the best for him.  Not exactly a glamorous job riding the busses (at least compared to flying around in the big leagues).

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Abbott - Costello

Hope - Crosby

Astair - Rogers

Sonny - Cher

Crockett - Tubbs

Mulder - Scully

Ren - Stimpy

Hall - Oates

Lenny - Squiggy

White - Pinkman

Kid - Play

Desjardins - Megna

you forgot

Trump - Kim Jung-un

Edited by coastal.view

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Abbott - Costello

Hope - Crosby

Astair - Rogers

Sonny - Cher

Crockett - Tubbs

Mulder - Scully

Ren - Stimpy

Hall - Oates

Lenny - Squiggy

White - Pinkman

Kid - Play

Desjardins - Megna

You forgot AV and Aaron Rome

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was a joke when I first heard of it...

I can't imagine Desjardins wife being too happy from living in Vancouver and Los Angeles to Medicine Hat.

( Here come the Medicine Hat apologists ) I won't reply.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This is the greatest sports/love story of all time.

apparently it was a joke, but a good one! Interestingly i looked at Megna's numbers in the AHL, its actually odd he hasn't been able to carve out a decent 3rd or 4th line role in the NHL. He's put up solid numbers down there, good size, fast, plays with tenacity. Its too bad he couldn't find the right fit

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

May 30, 2019

PRESS RELEASE

Generic-News.jpg

Medicine Hat, AB — The Medicine Hat Tigers announced this morning that the Hockey Club and General Manager/ Head Coach Shaun Clouston have parted ways.

Clouston joined the Medicine Hat Tigers as an assistant coach in the 2003-04 season and starting in the 2010-11 season assumed the Head Coaching duties. He leaves the Tigers as the winningest coach in franchise history.

“We would like to thank Shaun for his commitment, dedication and tireless work ethic to this organization for the past 16 years. We wish Shaun all the best in his future endeavours,” commented Tigers President Darrell Maser.

They canned Clouston who was their GM and coach. The winningest coach in franchise history to make this Willie D/Smegma romance a reality.

WTF is going on?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:
May 30, 2019

PRESS RELEASE

Generic-News.jpg

Medicine Hat, AB — The Medicine Hat Tigers announced this morning that the Hockey Club and General Manager/ Head Coach Shaun Clouston have parted ways.

Clouston joined the Medicine Hat Tigers as an assistant coach in the 2003-04 season and starting in the 2010-11 season assumed the Head Coaching duties. He leaves the Tigers as the winningest coach in franchise history.

“We would like to thank Shaun for his commitment, dedication and tireless work ethic to this organization for the past 16 years. We wish Shaun all the best in his future endeavours,” commented Tigers President Darrell Maser.

They canned Clouston who was their GM and coach. The winningest coach in franchise history to make this Willie D/Smegma romance a reality.

WTF is going on?

The Megna part was a joke, read up, Dhaliwal corrected it.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

In the next tweet do we learn the Tryamkin is retiring from hockey to become Willie's fitness and vaping consultant followed by an announcement that Medicine Hat was changing their jersey logo to this:

baby-tiger-with-moustache.jpg

• Haha 2