The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I guess I'm the minority here but I kind of agree with you regarding Loui's quote on trust with Green. It could have been said as he was lamenting on his failure to produce rather than blaming the coach for not trusting him no matter what. 

Vancouver media and fans are making this a bigger deal that it really is. Players can express themselves and somethings get said in a wrong way or are interpreted in a wrong way especially if it's through a translation and a certain word can carry different nuance depending on the culture. But it's Loui's fault if he didn't call in or answer call or whatever to explain himself to the management/coaches on what he meant.

I like Eriksson, wanted him before he signed here. I thought he would be good with the Sedins; I honestly thought Loui could come in and extend the Sedins playing time. But it's too bad that Sedins were well past their prime (who wouldn't be after taking so many cross checks to the back and the refs constantly looking the other way) and Loui was also on the decline. 

Great to see some sense on this board.

The phone call issue wasn't Louis fault. It was Benning blabbering when he should have been neutral. Hence why I talk about the responsibilities being a GM.

Louis said in a later interview that he and Green think alike(if my interpretation is correct).

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

unless you really enjoy arguing I think the Loui topic has been beaten to death. You're not going to change anyone's mind. 

Of course Loui has real value and and been good in several respects, but he's also not lived up to his contract and here we are. All I'm hoping now is he can be moved somewhere so everyone gets a fresh start, him and the fanbase, its not good for either. 

I represent another view of the situation and as long as one side beat this issue down I will continue.

19 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Yes , he has to clear waivers first but if he does, which he would, they can mutually terminate. No penalties, no cap hit and salary is gone as it’s a mutual decision and the contract is null. 

The talk from fans about how Eriksson would be okay walking away is insane. 

Why would he walk away from 9 million dollars over the next three years, when the worst case scenario is he’ll be collecting that money while riding the bus in Utica? 

Now some will say he can sign with another team after he terminated, but realistically, who is offering Eriksson any more then a two-year deal at 2.5 million per? No one. 

So fans really think he’s going to leave 4 million on the table just to play another season or two in the NHL...highly doubtful. 

1 hour ago, chickenman92 said:

The talk from fans about how Eriksson would be okay walking away is insane. 

Why would he walk away from 9 million dollars over the next three years, when the worst case scenario is he’ll be collecting that money while riding the bus in Utica? 

Now some will say he can sign with another team after he terminated, but realistically, who is offering Eriksson any more then a two-year deal at 2.5 million per? No one. 

So fans really think he’s going to leave 4 million on the table just to play another season or two in the NHL...highly doubtful. 

He seems to believe he’s capable of it (still

playing in the NHL) so don’t discount him walking. He’s made close to $50 mil in his career dude, walking away from 9 is 4.5 after tax. If he believes he can sign for 2 years at 2-2.5 per year and not take his family to Utica for three years I’m pretty  sure he’d bite the bullet. Money is a lot less important to a guy who’s made 50 mil than you or I 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/loui-eriksson

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 1

Man I hope they find a way to dump Loui Lump.

Don't care how JB does it as long as it doesn't cost a Good asset along with Loui just to dump him.

A b prospect is fine with me.  Just get rid of this guy already. It is an un needed distraction. The guy hopefully won't be anywhere near this team 6 weeks from now. At 6m per year he provides NOTHING to this team because of the CAP he sucks out of the team.

If he was getting 2m per then keep him for the 4th line and PK. Even then, I would much prefer a guy who is not scared of physical contact. His soft as butter style of play is just not wanted here.....at all.....ever again.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

He seems to believe he’s capable of it (still

playing in the NHL) so don’t discount him walking. He’s made close to $50 mil in his career dude, walking away from 9 is 4.5 after tax. If he believes he can sign for 2 years at 2-2.5 per year and not take his family to Utica for three years I’m pretty  sure he’d bite the bullet. Money is a lot less important to a guy who’s made 50 mil than you or I 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/loui-eriksson

Tell that to Adrian Peterson lol. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/25/adrian-peterson-faces-debt-woes-how-athletes-can-botch-their-finances.html

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, I just believe the right person should take the blame. But he seem to like what Loui goes through now.

The light shines on Loui and people tend to neglect that Benning wanted him. So the person who believed Loui was worth 6 mill is Benning.

As with Myers, is he a bust it was Benning that made him come. It's not Meyers fault he got 6 mill.

Nobody is taking any blame off of Benning for signing Loui

loui needs to be accountable for his play given his compensation. if your position is Loui was given a contract so he can mail it in for 6 years then that’s a sad indictment of your view of accountability 

• Upvote 2