The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If you think you're sick and tired of Eriksson you'd be disgusted with Lucic. 

Even with sweeteners you're basically killing off one of your roster spots. Whatever toughness he brings is long past it's best before date. Dude can't skate fast enough to hit guys and most players aren't gonna bother mixing it up with him. He can't really produce offense either. He's got the worst contract in the league. We'd be better off paying someone to take Loui. 

his 259 hits last year were tied for his career high and good enough for 7th in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

He's gone yes. But I'm concerned about his left over cap hit and how that relates to us signing UFAS. 

Let Benning be concerned about it, it is what it is, nothing we can do about it. LE dug his own grave on this one and let the chips fall where they may

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I know the Canucks have considerable dead weight to move.  But if they are willing to spend the money by buying out, demoting to Utica or retaining I could get behind this line up and they could hold the fort until Hoglander, Podkolzin, Tryamkin etc arrive.  Hopefully it's enough to squeak into the playoffs in year 1 or 2:

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Nyquist (2-3 yr deal)

**Sven - Sutter - Leivo

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

** Preferably an upgrade if and when available.  I know he doesn't have much trade value until he can prove he can stay healthy.

Roussel - IR until Christmas.  Gaudette starts in Utica.

Edler - Tanev (prefer an upgrade on Tanev)

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Stecher

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

unless Brock is among them. 

Don’t think he’ll be, reports were they were close before the draft. 

Anyways most people saw how it hurt Nylander more than it helped him imo. He had a bad bad year and is a little behind where he would have been if he played.

also aqua man would freak out  I’m sure and pressure the deal to get done if that was the case. I expect them to make a fair deal, Brock’s a character kid and JB is very reasonable shouldn’t be an issue

1 hour ago, Maketherightmove said:

How so?

Well IMO it will make teams more hesitant in spending right when the frenzy kicks off. Any team interested in those RFAs or the teams themselves has to be extra careful with their cap and the offers they give. Even without Boeser signed we have plenty of cap space and it won’t affect us. Could lower market prices or the amount of competition/ offers on certain players

or it won’t have any affect st all it will be crazy and GMs will throw around money with the worry about it later mentality they always seem to have on July 1st lol

we will find out very soon

Edited by R3aL

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I'd prefer Lee if there's a choice, but there's no doubt we could use the skill Nyquist brings.

Could use both, but that'd only happen if we can find someone to take the entirety of Eriksson's contract. I like Lee with Petey but I like Nyquist with Bo. Either one bolsters our top 6 in a pretty big way. Pearson getting a full year here and Miller acquisition already makes the top 6 better than what we had last season. Hopefully we get one of them on a good contract.

• Like 1

Sign Nyqvist as our second line RW. This allows us to trade Virtanen for Ristolainen 

Sign Myers and J. Benn 

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearsons Horvat Nyquist 

Baertchi Sutter Leivo

Roussel Beagle Motte 
Granlund 

Hughes Myers 

Edler Ristoalinen

Benn Stetcher 

• Upvote 1

Nyquist I could actually see on the 2nd line.  (Not the first though).  If the price was right and the term reasonable, I could get behind this. It's just with every forward, our winger glut becomes worse and worse.  Benning has to move some of these contracts out somehow.

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 1

Why not go for Marcus Johansson who's gonna cost less?? Their numbers are very similar...  Johansson is a year younger, a bit bigger...  just a little unlucky with injuries in last couple year.

He'll take a 4-year deal for $4M per.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Sign Nyqvist as our second line RW. This allows us to trade Virtanen for Ristolainen 

Sign Myers and J. Benn 

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearsons Horvat Nyquist 

Baertchi Sutter Leivo

Roussel Beagle Motte 
Granlund 

Hughes Myers 

Edler Ristoalinen

Benn Stetcher 

Only question is, you would rather keep Granlund and demote Gaudette?

57 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Only question is, you would rather keep Granlund and demote Gaudette?

I would be ok with giving Gaudette a season in the AHL with top minutes. He still needs to put on weight and get stronger. Im not totally convinced his off ice approach and training is as professional as it needs to be.