The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

POLL: What would be a good Tyler Myers' Contract?

Rate this topic

Vinny in Vancouver

Tyler Myers Contract  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

DONT SIGN HIM. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Short term? 

it is absolutely worth it. 

Have you seen Hutton's turnovers? Or Tanev's injury history. 

Our blueline is Vanilla and we need a monster like Myers to help right the ship 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zoolander said:

Blueline is weak because management failed to address that last year, or the year before.  Now they want to overpay at best a 4th Dman and pay him like a number one.  It's another lateral move by management who's been pretty terrible scouting at the pro level.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zoolander said:

Short term? 

it is absolutely worth it. 

Have you seen Hutton's turnovers? Or Tanev's injury history. 

He is not overly physical . People expecting him to be a wrecking ball with snarl will be sorely dissapointed. 

He's going to want term. Likely in the 6-7 year range. I would be shocked if he signed for 5 years or less.

Brian Burke thinks he will get at or just over 7m. My preference would be in the 6-6.5 range but I doubt that happens.

He seems to like BC. Has a home around here maybe he offers a 500k discount per. His agent tho is the key factor in this. His agent might ask for 8 and you can't really okay hardball with another teams free agent.

6.5m imo is a fair price that gives the team room to manuever. Not sure his agent would advise that because he wants to get paid more too.

14 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Wouldn't go higher then 6.5 m over 6 years, so unless he's willing to move to the greatest place on earth for a discount we should be out of the running.

That imo would be the perfect contract given the current UFA climate. 

6.5m x 6.

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm curious what the reaction is going to be if/when we sign Myers to a big ticket. 

Massive polarization and endless debate.  Some of it sliding into the abyss of personal attack and vitriol.  The usual :) 

• Cheers 1