The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

Just now, Yung1 said:

He writes for the Province and the Sun

Has he ever broken any hockey stuff before?

Edit: he is insinuating Boeser has a deal so I hope he is right and more importantly if there is a deal I hope it is a reasonable one and JB doesn't cave too hard like dumbas did in T.O.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

34 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Has he ever broken any hockey stuff before?

Edit: he is insinuating Boeser has a deal so I hope he is right and more importantly if there is a deal I hope it is a reasonable one and JB doesn't cave too hard like dumbas did in T.O.

He’s not necessarily insinuating that, he might be insinuating Boeser is going to be missing a lot of camp,  or making speculation after the Marner deal, or even just genuinely asking.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Yung1 said:

????????

Edit: To be more clear, this guy is at the camp in Victoria and this may be alluding to a deal being done. That's my own speculation though,

Man, we're getting desperate if we think this is a sign

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

When Boeser eventually signs I hope Travis Green reserves a  Bag Skating session just for Brock. It’s only fair and Brock needs to work on his skating anyway.

To be fair, these guys are professional. Most of them have been skating since mid July. I heard Brock was seen recently skating at a university with a bunch of local players. When their meal ticket depends on it, I think 99% of players take it that seriously now. 

Edit;  https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-rfa-brock-boeser-works-university-north-dakota/sn-amp/

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

40 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

To be fair, these guys are professional. Most of them have been skating since mid July. I heard Brock was seen recently skating at a university with a bunch of local players. When their meal ticket depends on it, I think 99% of players take it that seriously now. 

Edit;  https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-rfa-brock-boeser-works-university-north-dakota/sn-amp/

Was also playing summer hockey.  Brock is not going to be coming to camp out of shape.  Green himself said he wants his players to make good money.  It'll be water under the bridge.

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No, he did not deserve more?

No he should have accepted that figure if it was, in fact, correct?

I personally believe that would have been a pretty good offer. A marginal raise on Nylander. Boeser more grounded, some extra size. A little less volatile in other area's of the game. But by no means a stealth defensive weapon. For all the storm clouds surrounding Nylander. he's a very talented player. Its also higher than Pastrnak's deal.  But I suppose two years inflation?

Brock Boeser is worth a 6 year $7.25 million deal at the cheapest.  That is the market value. 

Nylander signed a 6 year deal 1 year ago and was awards 6.9 million, Brock Boeser is better that Nylander. 

Nylander in his first 3 years (185 games) put up 48 goals and 135 points (.73p/gp).

Brock in his first 3 years (140 games) put up 59 goals and 116 points (.83p/gp)

Meier in his first 3 years (193 games) put up 54 goals and 108 points (.56p/gp).  He hasda solid campaign last year putting up .85 p/gp, slightly higher than brocks .81p/gp last season.  That campaign earned him a 4 year deal.  His cap hit is 6 million but he structured his deal to value his 5th year and beyond has to be qualified more 10 + million bringing his 6 year value to 7.33 million. 

Another comparable is Johnny Gaudreau.  This is the most accurate comparable as he was also 10.2(c ) player.  He was also brought up after his college ended just so that he could write off a season and get paid earlier.  Gaudreau in his first 3 years (160 games) put up 55 goals and 143 points (.89p/gp).

Johnny inked a 6 year deal for 6.75 three years ago when the cap was only 73million.  The cap has risen just over 12% in the last 3 years, if we are to inflate Johnny’s 2016 contract into 2019 value that same contract is worth 7.56mill per year.  As Brock has slightly less production and a few injury question marks it would reasonable take off 250k per year (1.5 million over term). Bringing Brock’s 6 year market value to 7.25 mill.  That is the bar, and it’s why he likely did reject the previous offer of 6 year 42 million. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Brock Boeser is worth a 6 year $7.25 million deal at the cheapest.  That is the market value. 

Nylander signed a 6 year deal 3 years ago and was awards 6.9 million, Brock Boeser is better that Nylander. 

Nylander in his first 3 years (185 games) put up 48 goals and 135 points (.73p/gp).

Brock in his first 3 years (140 games) put up 59 goals and 116 points (.83p/gp)

Meier in his first 3 years (193 games) put up 54 goals and 108 points (.56p/gp).  He hasda solid campaign last year putting up .85 p/gp, slightly higher than brocks .81p/gp last season.  That campaign earned him a 4 year deal.  His cap hit is 6 million but he structured his deal to value his 5th year and beyond has to be qualified more 10 + million bringing his 6 year value to 7.33 million. 

Another comparable is Johnny Gaudreau.  This is the most accurate comparable as he was also 10.2(c ) player.  He was also brought up after his college ended just so that he could write off a season and get paid earlier.  Gaudreau in his first 3 years (160 games) put up 55 goals and 143 points (.89p/gp).

Johnny inked a 6 year deal for 6.75 three years ago when the cap was only 73million.  The cap has risen just over 12% in the last 3 years, if we are to inflate Johnny’s 2016 contract into 2019 value that same contract is worth 7.56mill per year.  As Brock has slightly less production and a few injury question marks it would reasonable take off 250k per year (1.5 million over term). Bringing Brock’s 6 year market value to 7.25 mill.  That is the bar, and it’s why he likely did reject the previous offer of 6 year 42 million. 

Nylander just signed last year. I love Boeser, but im appreciating the tough negotiation. 7 million per for 6 or 7 years is a hefty commitment. Brock is a hell of a player, but he has had some injury concerns. I think 7 million is very fair for both sides. 

• Upvote 1