The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its quite possible that Boeser's agent is an idiot, telling BB to hold out for more than is possible. He's the same agent for Jake Guentzel who singed a 6 mil x 5 year deal last year. He can't possibly think Brock is going to get much more than that. 

Haha, ya know, now that you say it.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

We don't have anyone who is a number 1 Dman. Dumba is a number 1 dman.

I think in general you have to think about trading a 1D for a 1RW with the exception of very few players. Is Dumba that guy? he could be. A right side next year of Dumba, Myers and Tryamkin would put fear into many teams. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the Wild have no one we want for Brock, so the next closest team is the Pig.  On the Pig he’s the only guy I want if we give up Brock. 

why not broaden the scope? lets go for Ottawa's two 1st rounders unprotected for Brock and Loui. 

This is silly, hopefully Brocks mom steps in and slaps his agent in the backside and says make a deal already. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Name a player you trade trade Bess for that’s on the Wild?  None.  Next closest team for Brock to be near pops would be the Pig.  Schiefele is the only guy from that team worth Bess.  

Dumba. But it takes more than one winger to get a #1 D man like Dumba. I would add to Boeser to get Dumba for sure.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Dumba. But it takes more than one winger to get a #1 D man like Dumba. I would add to Boeser to get Dumba for sure.

It would be a hard pill to swallow to add.  If this was going to happen, it would be Brock driven.  If he agreed to a discount deal to stay near family, it evens out the value a lot more.   Brock at an 8x$6 million deal is worth extra value to help even it up.

Adding Virtanen doesn’t give me much headache though.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Amebushi said:

I am starting to believe there is some truth to the rumours that this deal has already been made. Both sides are saying they are open to long and short contracts, Brock does not have a history or report of being a me first type of guy. I just have a hard time believing that they are actually at an impasse worth missing training camp for. 

Brock’s dad is ill and the Canucks have a bit of a cap crunch. Put two and two together and it makes me wonder if they haven’t agreed to a long term contract already and just keeping it quiet. The team gets to wait until LTIR kicks in to put Brock’s increased salary on the books, Brock gets some extra family time and everyone wins.  My latest guess is going to say that Boeser gets officially inked to a long term deal on the first day of the regular season after Roussel gets put on LTIR. As long as I’m making a WAG I’m gonna say 8 years and between 7.5-8 AAV because a smaller number could be squeezed in already. 

I agree with this.  Benning knows time with Dad is important.  Boeser states that he loves Vancouver and wants to stay here a very long time.  Trade talk seems really premature.  If Benning and Boeser take the long-term approach here, I can see them waiting even after the regular season starts to raise enough cap space to pay Brock more per year.  It helps Brock and it helps the team quite honestly......especially if you think you have the pieces in place to not fall too far behind in the first few weeks without him.

4 hours ago, Provost said:

I really just don't see that at all.  They wouldn't create negative press on purpose for no reason.  Benning and Green have both stressed the importance of being in camp to have a good year.

It has already been talked about that they don't have to wait for the start of the season to use LTIR space... so that isn't a reason to wait.  His cap hit for this year gets higher the longer into the season he signs a la Nylander last year.

If it were family reasons, they would sign him, and then give him a leave of absence.  It would entirely eliminate the whole storyline and building negativity around it for both the player and the team.

Not to mention he could sign him for 15 million per season right now and still be within the rules - 10% over the cap until the first game etc...for whatever reason we are all still waiting...:

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Matt Dumba is a #1 defenceman?  Man I need to start watching more of that entertaining Minnesota Wild hockey...

Depends on your definition of #1.

Minute munching, hard hitting, point producing defencemen get the #1 nod in my book. Dumba checks these boxes.

Skates well but could use some polish on his defensive game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why not broaden the scope? lets go for Ottawa's two 1st rounders unprotected for Brock and Loui. 

This is silly, hopefully Brocks mom steps in and slaps his agent in the backside and says make a deal already. 

As much as I like brock, I would trade him for multiple 1sts from Ottawa, even with brock theyd still be a dumpster fire and the 1sts would be lottery picks