The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

2 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

There is a post somewhere on the Eriksson thread quoting Dan Murphy that he vetoed a trade around the trade deadline to Edmonton. I'm glad we didn't get Lucic though and am very happy with JT Miller and Micheal Ferland instead. Lucic is a tough customer though and not to be taken lightly, he may even turn it around in Calgary.

Oh this was at the trade deadline supposedly, but nothing recent right?

And yes I didn't want Lucic, but hey I would of taken a shot with Neal tbh.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

1 hour ago, CDBudz55 said:

Kassian, Nurse, Khaira, Brodziak can all take on Ferland. Ferland isn't a Lucic/Reaves/Chara. He is tough and won't back down but he's still a middleweight in terms of tough guys.

He fought 6 times last year and went 6-0.

6 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Hah!

hahaha

hahahahhaha

Open season on McDavid!

Free goals on Calgary with Lucic stuck in glue everywhere on the ice.

I can just see Lucic being frustrated as all hell when Ferland destroys Gaudreau and then just skates by Lucic as he treads ice.

Neal had back to back SCF runs before last season. That's very hard on body. He's definetly going to bounce back.

RNH gets a wingman who can score. I expect 20 plus goals for Neal next season. 

Plus Lucic contract is buyout proof like LEs.

Neal has straight salary owed. No signing bonuses for remainder of contract. Much more buy out friendly contract. 

Oilers win by a wide margin for next season. 

Lucic will be tradable again after paying next season's $3mill bonus. His money owed will go down drastically and cap hit remain high. Cap floor team will take him. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

Any word on what’s the conditional pick? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 2020 1st or 2nd.

If it’s a 1st it’s could be a top 10 or a 2nd could  be a top 40. 

Plus Oiler eat some of the Contract. So am not sure if Coilers won this trade. 

I’m glad Canucks didn’t get Lucic because that’s another yr of having a horrible player and Contract. Unless Canucks got Oiler 2020 1st round pick.

Kassian, Nurse, Khaira, Brodziak can all take on Ferland. Ferland isn't a Lucic/Reaves/Chara. He is tough and won't back down but he's still a middleweight in terms of tough guys.

I'm hoping we can get a heavyweight for a 4th line enforcer role, to draw into games when we need him. I'm glad we're tougher overall as a team, but I'd feel better if we had someone to take on guys like  Lucic and Reaves.

• Upvote 1

I checked the schedule.  The Flames meet the Canucks for just their second game, so I doubt there will be any fighting then.  The next time they meet is Dec 29th, so Lucic will still be stuffed with turkey dinner; no fighting there. 

By the time they meet again, Lucic will have already filled his 2 fights per season quota.:towel:

• Haha 3