The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?

Rate this topic

JM_

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Standing by my prediction to OTT(w/another body like Baer?) for Booby Ryan & Chlapik. Maybe we toss in a 3rd?

Once the AHL writing is on the wall, Loui the sloth accepts living near Trudeau. I'd like to see him(skates on) out on the Rideau Canal, in the blazing hot summer!!! :^)

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I aint clouding nuttin palooka. (/s) 

I'd like to see Baer traded. If that made room for Loui by default OK fine. I suspect there will be injuries or he can be rotated out as the 13th F once Roussel is back. 

I just don't see a reality where he's traded now, so its more where is he going to fit. 

Utica! Problem solved

Well he scored a goal on his own net his first shift? He threw TG under the bus publicly. His lackluster 

performance not withstanding he then blocks the trade that would of landed us Jesse Puljujarvi.... Idk

id say he really needs to have a huge season because at this point it is ALL on him to bounce back. 

It seems like Puljujarvi wants a trade badly out of Edmonton or hes going to play the next season in Europe.

Maybe we can sign him as a UFA after next season.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, the grinder said:

jt miller Horvat  sutter beagle motte leivo gaudette  feland elias , yes you heard it here  elias  could  kill penalties   

Do you really want Horvat/Miller/Petey  killing penalties? Also I don't think Gaudette is an NHL PKer. 

Why would you front load your PK? Leivo and Motte are ok, but I believe loui is still better than both those players.  

Your perception of lazy is different than Green's. 

It's not like he told green he sucked, and was a bad coach he said they didn't see eye to eye. And if this was an ongoing internal issue which just magically appeared this summer,  why would management ignore his concerns? 

It's doesn't take a genius to figure out Loui wasn't playing a role he was used to. 

Besides he did pretty good filling in for Brock with Petey to start the year, and he may have to again. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Regularly? No.

Sutter and Beagle will clearly C PK units 1 and 2. Motte will almost certainly be the other F on one of those. The remaining F can be any mix of Leivo, Virtanen, Roussel when he's back etc. Guys like Horvat/Miller would be used for 'cleanup' and/or one of those guys is in the box, injured etc. 

Point being, Eriksson's 'PK ability' is nowhere near enough to warrant a roster spot over the otherwise, better F options.

Supposedly he's one of the best in the league.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Do you really want Horvat/Miller/Petey  killing penalties? Also I don't think Gaudette is an NHL PKer. 

Why would you front load your PK? Leivo and Motte are ok, but I believe loui is still better than both those players.  

Your perception of lazy is different than Green's. 

It's not like he told green he sucked, and was a bad coach he said they didn't see eye to eye. And if this was an ongoing internal issue which just magically appeared this summer,  why would management ignore his concerns? 

It's doesn't take a genius to figure out Loui wasn't playing a role he was used to. 

Besides he did pretty good filling in for Brock with Petey to start the year, and he may have to again. 

why not petey ? blocked more shots than loui  , hit more than loui  ,  petey has excellent defensive awareness  if we are down a goal  killing a penalty  late in the game  why wouldn't you  let petey do some pk ?   Horvat takes faces off on the pk   didn't you know that?   doesn't beregon in boston kill penalties?    

lol my perception of lazy is different than greens?   did I bench loui for a game?   no , green did right ?    explain the 3 hits in 82 games then and don't give me that's not his game bs either , the game is hockey  it is a contact sport   1 hit per 27.3 games    is that engaged in the game  no  that is lazy 

oh it magical appeared now , lol   ,   how do you figure  that when he said it ,  it came from a source not hear say  , why would management  ignore his concerns  ? how do you know that maybe they are behind closed doors , perhaps they don't want to air the dirty laundry  out in public , unlike loui did   ever think about that?

well it doesn't take a genius either to figure out if you don't know your role in 3 years something is wrong , 2 different coaches  since loui has been here   yet he made a point it only has been the last two years it has been a problem right?    hmmmm I wonder who the coach was in last 2 years    , sounds like a shot at green does it not?

in closing  I don't hate loui  I wish  he did score 20 goals 30 assists  , but lets face it   he looks disinterested  ,or pissed off and sulking  or is it lazy or has the game passed him by whatever loui deal is ,it been 3 years  and loui stats keep dropping every year , 

, when a coach and a player don't see eye to eye  it can be a toxic environment  and when the media gets hold of it  well double that ,   and I hate to say it   wait till loui arrives at camp  then it just going to get worse  with the media  ,   so it is better for all parties to let loui go somewhere else  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Supposedly he's one of the best in the league.....

credit where its due, the numbers are good for his PK time. I trust that more than eye test when so many people are salty about his play.

Its probably the #1 thing that a team taking him would benefit from. It would give Ottawa's kids like Tkatchup a chance to play more offensive roles. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Well he scored a goal on his own net his first shift? He threw TG under the bus publicly. His lackluster 

performance not withstanding he then blocks the trade that would of landed us Jesse Puljujarvi.... Idk

id say he really needs to have a huge season because at this point it is ALL on him to bounce back. 

It seems like Puljujarvi wants a trade badly out of Edmonton or hes going to play the next season in Europe.

Maybe we can sign him as a UFA after next season.

Me thinks he blocked the Lucic trade, thank God.  Not really sure Poolparty was part of that or not

19 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

We as fans have to live with what ever happens. 

However, we can hopefully make Eriksson miserable enough here that he refuses to report.  He clearly still doesn't understand that his effort is flat-out unacceptable and he is simply not welcome in this city anymore.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Benning apparently has no problem seeing Loui in the starting lineup:

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-jim-benning-on-loui-eriksson-travis-green-comments/c-308244080

(apologies. - didnt realize that link was to some 40 or so scrolling pages!!!!!l)

I see in the article it does say a possibility of that, but also says competition for jobs, but reading the article and especially the comments that are quoted from Benning and the Agent, it really just screams trade is what they're all hoping for.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Benning apparently has no problem seeing Loui in the starting lineup:

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-jim-benning-on-loui-eriksson-travis-green-comments/c-308244080

(apologies. - didnt realize that link was to some 40 or so scrolling pages!!!!!l)

On whether Eriksson has a place on the roster:

“Loui, I respect his career. I know he wants to probably play better than he has and have more success for himself. But I still have a job to do. And my job is to put the best team on the ice and play guys I see fit — and not just based on salaries. I want players who will do anything in their power to help the Vancouver Canucks win. That’s all they care about: being a Canuck and helping us win. With the additions of some forwards, we’ve got some tough decisions to make. And he’s no different than any other player coming into camp.”