The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson playin it cool lol

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Loui E  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

How is this hate?

I'll show you:

On 8/17/2019 at 4:39 AM, King Heffy said:

Eriksson can't score, won't hit, won't stand up for his teammates, and floats around the ice way too much.  Not sure how you tell any of those guys they didn't make the team because of this useless piece of garbage.  LE chose to spew his garbage in response to more than one question; it was a miscalculated attempt to blame Green for LE's absolutely pitiful excuse for effortA professional would have been a man and admitted that their compete level over the last 3 years was absolutely unacceptable  and accept full responsibility for their lack of production.  LE got gifted a lot of ice time he did not deserve and chose to complain about it.  That's not the reaction of a guy you want in a team environment; he's basically saying the guys who are actually trying need less ice time so he can stink up the joint some more.

He was lucky he didn't get sent to the AHL last year, and there's zero reason to let him back on the team this year.  He doesn't have a spot to lose and he sure as hell hasn't shown a willingness to actually earn one.  Hopefully fans step up and boo this bum out of town if for some reason he's allowed to further disgrace the Canucks jersey.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, King Heffy said:

Bottom line is this clown's attitude is atrocious, on and off the ice.  If he gets booed, he has no one but himself to blame.  If booing is what's necessary to get this lazy piece of trash off the team, then the fans booing are doing more to help the Canucks win than this useless floater.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:14 AM, King Heffy said:

He's been a useless piece of trash for his whole 3 years here, culminating in him complaining about Greener holding him accountable for his atrocious play.  I'm pretty sure that LE actually thinks the way he is floating around the ice is acceptable behaviour from an NHLer; the only way this bum will actually figure out he can't play in this league anymore is when Benning ships him to a league more suited to his skill and compete level: the AHL.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:21 AM, King Heffy said:

Given his outburst to the press, followed by his agent lying and saying that he is putting in an honest effort when it is clear he is not, I am not convinced this clown is smart enough to figure out he is not welcome.  The guy actually thought that he deserved more minutes as a reward for disgracing the Canucks jersey and himself last year.  Not sure there's any getting through to someone that out of touch with reality.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:04 PM, King Heffy said:

Petey at least has a high compete level.  The only thing Loui competes for is the title for the laziest player in the league.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:29 AM, King Heffy said:

Odds are that he continues to float around like the worthless pile of garbage he's been throughout his time here, and any ice time that does get wasted on him will be undeserved. 

On 8/27/2019 at 2:49 AM, King Heffy said:

If you think his agent went on record claiming that LE is putting in an honest effort without being advised to do so by the lazy sack of ****  himself, I got a bridge to sell you.  Bottom line is LE has some explaining to do and until he owns his mistake like an adult, it's a problem to have him around the locker room.  All he needs to say is "My effort level wasn't acceptable last y ear, and I need to work harder to ensure I stay in the league.  My comments about the coach were unbecoming as a professional, and I shouldn't have thrown him under the bus like that", or something to that effect.  If he's not willing to acknowledge how egregious his misconduct was, I'll personally be at the camp and will be yelling at him to get his lazy ass to Utica where it belongs.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:37 AM, King Heffy said:

I'm not exaggerating.  I haven't seen someone not named Messier disgrace the Canucks jersey worse than this lazy piece of garbage.  He can't score, won't hit, won't move his feet, and moans about the coach when he's not gifted unearned ice time.  I can't think of a better example of a guy who has absolutely no business near any NHL team.  What team is this floater good enough to make given the attitude issues?  

On 9/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, King Heffy said:

Finding a fit for him could also mean sending him to the appropriate league, which is the AHL.  Utica would be a fantastic fit for this useless piece of garbage.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:06 PM, King Heffy said:

So which more deserving player gets sent down to Utica to make room for this lazy piece of garbage

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This isn’t hate from me 73,.   It’s just me not getting caught up in the disillusionment, and reasoning that we have an overager in today’s market who is overpaid for his services and his NHL career is over.

We aren’t the only team in this situation...  But This player has already had 3 fantastic years of opportunity to keep his curve of production above the flat line he has ridden.

Save the ice time for a prospect who will develop and whose performance curve can rise above Erikssons numbers in a single season.

Nobody is going to give anything for Eriksson unless they are dealing with cap issues,. And even then we may have to sweeten the deal.

This is nothing but an older player who can not keep up with the evolution of youth , speed , and skill in the new NHL.. we owe Eriksson nothing for his services other than what he has been contractually paid.

ps. He looked gassed on the bench in the game I saw him in the other night,, he was looking back and forth to each end of the bench in bewilderment like he was lost.  

I don't know if the bolded statement above is entirely true. He was given a try out with the Sedins and then Bo but I wouldn't say this has been going on for "3 fantastic years". He has been deployed as the main PK and shutdown guy. The same goes for Sutter. Injuries have been a main influence on line deployment the last couple of years so not sure that is a fair assessment.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't know if the bolded statement above is entirely true. He was given a try out with the Sedins and then Bo but I wouldn't say this has been going on for "3 fantastic years". He has been deployed as the main PK and shutdown guy. The same goes for Sutter. Injuries have been a main influence on line deployment the last couple of years so not sure that is a fair assessment.

A six million dollar man has to own his fair share of responsibility.

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

A six million dollar man has to own his fair share of responsibility.

Not sure I have seen one of a teams Main Penalty Killers also lead the team on the scoreboard, especially on a team that is in a middle of a rebuild........Just sayin. ::D

Edited by EdgarM

41 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Not sure I have seen one of a teams Main Penalty Killers also lead the team on the scoreboard, especially on a team that is in a middle of a rebuild........Just sayin. ::D

In 3 yrs..  32 goals   44 assists  21 hits.

.. but the puck hits him a fair amount because he is on the pk.

So ok , yeah, he’ worth it ??  18m for that?

you must have lots of favorite old socks in your drawer with holes in em Edgar.

The team is that exactly,  in a rebuild and when you acquire players you have players replaced.

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

In 3 yrs..  32 goals   44 assists  21 hits.

.. but the puck hits him a fair amount because he is on the pk.

So ok , yeah, he’ worth it ??  18m for that?

you must have lots of favorite old socks in your drawer with holes in em Edgar.

The team is that exactly,  in a rebuild and when you acquire players you have players replaced.

I didn't say anything about him being worth the  6 million, just commenting on his deployment on this team in the last 3 years.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Can you say “embarrassing” ? :sadno:

6A857D92-DD32-4268-A65B-4C267AF733B3.jpeg

I don't remember seeing LE having regular #1 PP time either. Who else did we have to play Edler's minutes? Like I said we have been in a rebuild and many injuries so there has been no traditional lines. Not sure Edler would see PP time on another team.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, BPA said:

If LE retires, his cap hit disappears.  Frees up 6M.  That's why people are hoping he retires instead of riding the bus in Utica (if he gets waived and sent down).

Does this make sense when he's already been paid more than the overall combined cap hit effect?  How is it different than Luongo's situation?

19 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Does this make sense when he's already been paid more than the overall combined cap hit effect?  How is it different than Luongo's situation?

1. It is not a heavy back diving contract that starts at $10 mil per and ends at $1 mil per

2. It is an under 35 contract. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Where was lazy Louie when the Titanic needed a "BIG ANCHOR" ?  So glad to see him out of the line-up.    We should have known it would lead to this after his first Canucks goal was on his own team.  A loser from the very start - to finish.

Dayum chill…

Edited by J-23

21 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

way to kick a guy when he is down. 

It’s rather disgusting and shameful.   Sure he hasn’t earned his paycheque but he also wasn’t given much to work with either.    The writings on the wall I believe - it was interesting watching Bo get the C infront of his teammates in the looker room where it was first announced, LE came in right near the end - like that’s the pecking order, and congratulated him after the rest did...felt sorry for him, it’s obvious he cares about the team and playing hockey - fans just look at the numbers and can’t handle the disparity...understandable, if your working and producing twice as much as  the guy next to you, even if he’s been around a lot longer,  and he’s getting paid twice as much as you - it’s not fun to be around.   He won’t be here much longer - when Roussel is back and if the team is healthy he might be waived...if not unless he miraculously scores a bunch of goals or something with the limited time he’s getting - he won’t survive the next round of young guys coming in plus a few personal changes.  Not a great way to go out...

• Cheers 1

On 9/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, BrockBoester said:

Eriksson says offseason comments about Green are "overblown"

Loui, old chap. You're clearly past your prime. Can you please stop the whining about your ice time and deployment and just do your job? I think it's safe to say if he DOES make the team, that he definitely won't be playing in a top-6, primarily offensive role.

Clearly if he is lacking "confidence" then it's unlikely he'll perform well in training camp, it just seems like his head isn't really in the game here in Van city.

Do you guys think Loui E will manage to crack the opening day roster? Or is it bags packed for Utica? (Or Sweden?)

I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't do it here..  it's not like he goes all out and snake bitten, he doesn't try hard enough for that.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't do it here..  it's not like he goes all out and snake bitten, he doesn't try hard enough for that.

Nice of you to revive this thread.

Loui is sure lighting the league on fire this season eh boys?