The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-season Poll #4

-SN-

Who should be the next Captain?  

413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Horvat gets Captain, time to let him lead the team

A to Edler, Tanev and Sutter for this year.

Next season, A to Edler, Tanev and Boeser, and make Pettersson part of the official team leadership the year after that. Pettersson has enough pressure on him already, let him just enjoy playing his game and growing before he has to start answering the tough questions in a really tough hockey market.

• Thanks 1

EP. It's already his team. He gives the team belief in itself each and every night, hell he's given all of BC belief. He's driven, determined, a great human, an excellent leader and has the abilities and the will to make the difference when the team needs it most. You can ask for no finer Captain. Bo would make a fine captain and I can see it going either way, but I have no doubt about why it's taking so long to name a Captain. Bo was ready last year if he was the only consideration.

19 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

EP. It's already his team. He gives the team belief in itself each and every night, hell he's given all of BC belief. He's driven, determined, a great human, an excellent leader and has the abilities and the will to make the difference when the team needs it most. You can ask for no finer Captain. Bo would make a fine captain and I can see it going either way, but I have no doubt about why it's taking so long to name a Captain. Bo was ready last year if he was the only consideration.

It's taking so long because they're obviously waiting for a milestone year ... Henrik was a hard act to follow and so it's likely partly about celebrating him after retirement as our captain too.  Rather than just moving on, business as usual.  The Sedins were pretty special so it's about closing that chapter (fully) to allow the new one to be written in light of that.  So the new team and identity is fully focused on with the past being just that.  Finished.   I feel that allowing for a period that honours Hank and lets him be part of the torch passing might factor in...I mean, they're doing a celebration this year so it seems like that will be the closure and a new captain can emerge.   

It would be SO unfair to shift away from Bo to go in another direction.  Plus, he's the stoic, quiet leader that does whatever is asked of him and doesn't make waves or get get too high or low.

Petey would have been perfect if Bo wasn't already being groomed for this and  pretty much "there".  But I also feel Petey has enough on his plate as our golden boy...let him be the shining superstar without the added weight and pressure of answering for it all.  He already answers for himself...so let's just keep it at that.

Bo has earned this.   The last thing we want for this team is to rock the boat.  Petey's the face of the franchise, Bo's the captain.  Petey still can inspire, motivate and "lead"..but Bo takes on the other stuff that comes with the formal assignment.  Petey really doesn't need to deal with the media and Bo's well equipped to.  Refs too.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Such an easy choice. 

Loui Eriksson - im dead serious 

I don't see Tryamkin on the list so I'm just gonna vote for Loui E

So these comments scream for attention but are pretty much invalid to me as serious contributions without some sort of supporting arguments and reasons "why".

Let's hear them?

For, as much as I'm not a Loui hater, he's hardly the shining example of a team captain at this point.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So this is an absolute garbage comment without supporting reasons "why".

Let's hear them?

Loui is now our oldest player?  

Loui is a sharp dresser?

Loui has great hair?

Luoi’s name doesn’t have a ‘c’ in it, so we give him one?  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui is now our oldest player?  

Loui is a sharp dresser?

Loui has great hair?

Luoi’s name doesn’t have a ‘c’ in it, so we give him one?  

Where's my gong when I need it?

If we're appointing a captain based on great hair there's another guy who's first in line for that.  ;)

On 9/21/2019 at 10:08 AM, debluvscanucks said:

It's taking so long because they're obviously waiting for a milestone year ... Henrik was a hard act to follow and so it's likely partly about celebrating him after retirement as our captain too.  Rather than just moving on, business as usual.  The Sedins were pretty special so it's about closing that chapter (fully) to allow the new one to be written in light of that.  So the new team and identity is fully focused on with the past being just that.  Finished.   I feel that allowing for a period that honours Hank and lets him be part of the torch passing might factor in...I mean, they're doing a celebration this year so it seems like that will be the closure and a new captain can emerge.   

It would be SO unfair to shift away from Bo to go in another direction.  Plus, he's the stoic, quiet leader that does whatever is asked of him and doesn't make waves or get get too high or low.

Petey would have been perfect if Bo wasn't already being groomed for this and  pretty much "there".  But I also feel Petey has enough on his plate as our golden boy...let him be the shining superstar without the added weight and pressure of answering for it all.  He already answers for himself...so let's just keep it at that.

Bo has earned this.   The last thing we want for this team is to rock the boat.  Petey's the face of the franchise, Bo's the captain.  Petey still can inspire, motivate and "lead"..but Bo takes on the other stuff that comes with the formal assignment.  Petey really doesn't need to deal with the media and Bo's well equipped to.  Refs too.

I equate it a lot to the situation in Colorado where Landeskog is their leader and a great player, but MacKinnon is the face of the franchise.