The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I HOPE TAMPA ENJOYS OUR 1ST OVERALL PICK!!! HECK YOUR BENNINGGGGGGG :frantic:

One of the most idiotic thing Benning did was to trade that 1st. He cpupdve had Miller the longer he waited because TB had to sign Point. He just rushed and gave up a 1st that is not lottery protected

• Wat 5

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

I think Brock looked sloppy. Unsurprising after the time he missed. Sit him for Gaudette the next game and hope to ignite the top line. 

Schaller and Virtanen will sit out next game, I think.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

No they weren’t... and as much as I like them, I doubt Baer and Gaudette provide enough to make up for a no-show from the top line.

Bro trust that line sucks ass. I'd say another game before you won't ever see that line again.

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

I think Brock looked sloppy. Unsurprising after the time he missed. Sit him for Gaudette the next game and hope to ignite the top line. 

I give Brock a break, he just played his first game after the concussuion 

• Upvote 1

Didn’t look crisp tonight. Passes were just off, reads just off, breakouts, and dump ins, Smith is gonna get those every time, we should know that by now. I didn’t like the low energy of some our guys.

The Bo and his line were good! Miller, good pick up!

The Pete and his line couldn’t get time and space, have to credit the coilers for that. Ferland wasn’t too noticeable.

I guess we’ll have to let these defence pairings simmer and cook a little bit, all 3 looked somewhat discombobulated. Myers played well. Hughes, well, his offence was good, but his defence.... he needs to get used to NHL speed. He got burned quite a bit.

No problems with Marky, made some good saves.

And holy crap, really, game 1 and the refs are pulling this crap? I usually don’t bitch about the reffing, but Smith yanking the stick out of Pearson’s hand? 

Get some more practice, we need to gel a little more.

Go Canucks Go!!!,

I believe!!

Just now, DefCon1 said:

One of the most idiotic thing Benning did was to trade that 1st. He cpupdve had Miller the longer he waited because TB had to sign Point. He just rushed and gave up a 1st that is not lottery protected

?....

If we don't reach the play offs , we keep the pick...

Maybe the year after though...Loooong way to go

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, mpt said:

LOL, Leivo on the 1st PP yet he can barely make the 3rd line and IMO should be on the 4th with Beagle

Yep thats Newell Browns genius idea this year to improve the PP. Our PP last year looked better imo because we loaded our 1st unit. This year am not sure when we have Hughes and Horvat waste their talent on 2nd PP. 

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

?....

If we don't reach the play offs , we keep the pick...

Maybe the year after though...Loooong way to go

Still, my point stands that it is not lottery protected. Miller is good but at the end of the day he is just a 2nd line forward.

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Yep thats Newell Browns genius idea this year to improve the PP. Our PP last year looked better imo because we loaded our 1st unit. This year am not sure when we have Hughes and Horvat waste their talent on 2nd PP. 

Agree. If there’s a part of hockey that is a sprint and not a marathon, it’s the PP. Load it up.

• Upvote 4