The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks call up G Zane MacIntyre

Rate this topic

Ossi Vaananen

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

'family matter' for Markstrom:

So is he having a baby or is it some complication? Either way, I hope he's ok and everyone in his family is healthy. The game is one thing, the players and families health and well being takes precedent for me. God speed and all the best to the Markstroms!

Demko will surprise us all with solid play, after all, we have a defense now.

3 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Do we not have a better option other than MacIntyre?! The only thing I remember about him was getting lit up in the preseason lol

Canucks didnt want to throw Kielly to the NHL wolves, they saw what it did to Dipietro. Mikey D will marinate in the minors for a few years and see how well he adapts. Needs to focus on protecting to top part of the net, smaller goalie who goes down leaves a wide open spot to score on, he has good compete hopefully the drive within can help him get thru the next few years honing in his game in Utica

1 hour ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

So is he having a baby or is it some complication? Either way, I hope he's ok and everyone in his family is healthy. The game is one thing, the players and families health and well being takes precedent for me. God speed and all the best to the Markstroms!

Demko will surprise us all with solid play, after all, we have a defense now.

I would assume Marky had a family death or a close relative is severely ill 

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Likely the plan was to start Demko vs Detroit anyway.  It’s the Thursday game vs St. Louis that Marky would have played.  Then Marky joins the team on the road.  Looks like Marky will miss a couple starts, and Demko will get the next three.  

Demko will do great!  I see three more wins in a row to get us to five for this winning streak.  Marky comes back and adds two more wins.  We are headed for a seven game winning streak!:towel:

Rather have JK back him up rather than ZMC

4 hours ago, lmm said:

Demko is young by current standards, but not "crazy young". Matt Murray is 1.5 years older but won a cup at 2 years younger than Demko is now.

Carter Hart is 20 , Demko is almost 25

Both goalies in Pittsburg are 26 and both in Columbus are 25.

Now is a good time for Demko to show what he has.

On a positive note Demko was picked 2nd amoungst 4 goalies picked in 6 picks early in the second round in 2014, of those goalies Demko is progressing the best at this time.

Demko is turning 24 in early December.   Not "almost 25".   

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Thats pretty optimistic, I'm excited to see Demko but I'd be happy with a solid outing from him, wins and losses are not as important at this point.

Wins and losses are always extremely important no matter the time of season. When you're pushing for a wild card spot, these are the games you wish you won