The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I would use a trade a 2nd round pick for specific players of their choice at the expansion draft if JB doesn't want to lose both goalies, Demko or Marky.   Them taking a 2nd round pick for a depth player is a win when considering that most 4th liner is traded for 5th round pick or lower.   Rather than not to touch a few choice cost us a first round pick or a top prospects, use specific player of their choice in a trade, that way you protect maybe 3 or 4 more players.   Goalie is the most important position that the team has when considering history of bad goalies dated to early years of this franchise.   Knowing that we would be exempted protecting Hughes is huge by the time of expansion draft and we'd have an extra D to protect due to exemption of first two years of pro hockey   We will more likely to lose a forward or a goalie if JB doesn't make any trade with Seattle.   Hopefully that they would take a prospect of 3 or more seasons of pro hockey.  

• Upvote 1

Nice!

most of you guys are level headed but  Some people need to calm down, we keep beating bottom

feeders, lol.

weve beaten one playoff team so far this year and that wasn’t even a R or OT win.

theyve looked good for the most part but let’s not plan the parade.

even the oilers have beaten one playoff team, and I believe Toronto has only beaten Boston in overtime too.

that would male

edmonton Vancouver and Toronto in almost thirty games have three victories over platoff teams with two of them in overtime and maybe the third of the oilers one was.

weird. In other news my second team the sabres and Eichel are distorting, eichels second four. Point game in a week.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

Bizarre game, but you can't argue with the result.  We looked pretty frustrated through the second, shades of the NJ game, then the flood gates opened.  Undoubtedly a good lesson for the younger guys on the team to stay cool when things aren't quite working out.  Would like to think that we're as good as our record but in all honesty we've run it up against some of the weaker teams in the league.  We'll see where we're really at against Washington. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya lots of time left. Expansion draft is in summer of 2021. 

So many things can change by then no need to spend time thinking about it yet.

Keep them both for now Demko's value will get higher by the month. Something to think about next summer depending on Marky's contract demands.

What? You serious? Thought the Seattle team starts to play next season!!?

6 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Glad to get the win but hard to ignore that only 5-6 players showed up for the last 4 periods of hockey.

A win is a win.    I can’t see any Oiler fans complaining about riding McDavid and Draisaitl.    I also don’t seem to recall any Blackhawk fans speculating as to how many cups they would have won post 2010 had they not had Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, and Hossa. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

What? You serious? Thought the Seattle team starts to play next season!!?

No. The season after next. Draft is in 2021

Key Arena might not be rebuilt/renovated in time for next season they want make sure no hick ups.

• Like 1