The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not if Demko keeps playing and developing like he has.

No way Seattle passes on a young star goalie. You'd have to give Seattle a top you player and expose another star player. Look what happened to Minny. They lost Tuch that way and now he's a budding star power forward. 

It'll be tool late by then. Next year's trade deadline you gotta move Demko if Marky still here. 

If both Demko and Marky are stars no point keeping both. Spend that money elsewhere on a player we need and get some good young prospects and picks back for Demko. 

Actually the more i thought about it. Maybe not just with Vegas.

I'm also not sure how many we can protect...what's the rule on that?

Edited by Monteeun
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Hindustan Smyl said:

Gotta love the losers over at HF Canucks.   80% of are trying to make excuses.......as to why we won.    Talk about a clueless and idiotic group of people that have completely lost the plot of what it means to be a fan.  #Benningsux

I can’t believe those clowns have an active tank thread already.  What kind of fan cheers for the other team this early in the season

• Cheers 4

Just now, Monteeun said:

Actually the more i thought about it. Maybe not just with Vegas.

Ya lots of time left. Expansion draft is in summer of 2021. 

So many things can change by then no need to spend time thinking about it yet.

Keep them both for now Demko's value will get higher by the month. Something to think about next summer depending on Marky's contract demands.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

I can’t believe those clowns have an active tank thread already.  What kind of fan cheers for the other team this early in the season

image.thumb.png.611f8d04c91ced37457c405927a27956.png

This is pulled from the Canucks Pro Tank thread. Some quality content over there folks

39 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Sign Marky to a four year $5MM to $5.5MM contract and protect Demko for the expansion draft. If Seattle takes Marky so be it but chances are they don't and the Canucks will have a solid goalie tandem for the next 2 to 3 years until one of Marky or Demko get moved.

That's not going to be enough money at this rate.  I was hoping around that same price tag, I'm starting to think 6mil will be the starting point.

Just finished watching the game.
I almost ditched the game, after 2-0 down at the end of the second and short handed.

Scanned a bit ahead and was like 2-2, what the heck did I miss.  Rolled back and watched the third.

So reminded me of the WCE when they actually decided to stop the teasing of the opponent and send them home with a loss.
Man I loved listening to those games on the internet.  They were never out of any game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Guaranteed Seattle will take one. 

Lots of time untill then. Almost two seasons. 

Not worth trading Demko yet. His value will be a lot higher in a year and half from now. Trade him then. Or let Marky go next summer of his contract demands are too high. Demko will be ready to be starter next season. 

While his value may be higher, I think our possible returns may be lower the closer to expansion we wait.

Teams are going to know we have to unload one or lose him.

I don't want to trade either lol, crap situation.  

20 minutes ago, Darius said:

Those pathetic people hate Benning more than they like the Canucks. They are so clueless that can't realize with the additions we had, we can't tank, unless on purpose.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not if Demko keeps playing and developing like he has.

No way Seattle passes on a young star goalie. You'd have to give Seattle a top you player and expose another star player. Look what happened to Minny. They lost Tuch that way and now he's a budding star power forward. 

It'll be tool late by then. Next year's trade deadline you gotta move Demko if Marky still here. 

If both Demko and Marky are stars no point keeping both. Spend that money elsewhere on a player we need and get some good young prospects and picks back for Demko. 

They're going to have to decide between Markstrom and Demko before the expansion draft because Marky's contract is up.  He's going to be offered starters money, or not.  It's looking right now like both Marky and Demko will be good starting goalies in the NHL.   But what I think is happening this season is that they want to have a competition between the two goalies and they will be evaluating their performance and making a choice.  Remember how Benning was watching Marky very closely when the Comets had their playoff run in 2015.  Their evaluation revealed that Marky was a battler and this and his performance since, is the reason why they eventually moved on from Eddie Lack.  I don't think that either Markstrom or Demko are equivalent to Lack but they can't pay both and it's not fair to expect them to share.

So I'm predicting a big goalie trade sometime between now and July 1