The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

I'm okay with Roussel going next year. Ideally I think our bottom six should look something like this

Ferland(Big IF) - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

Yeah, I'm in no way counting on Ferland...

Miller, Pettersson, Tiffoli/Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Tiffoli/Boeser

Sutter, Gaudette, Virtanen

Motte, Beagle, MacEwan

And as soon as a Lind/Hoglander/Podkolzin etc looks ready to push their way on to the team, I'd imagine one of Virtanen/Boeser gets moved for a D.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Stecher + for an upgrade or stand pat IMO.

Between Benn, a likely returning Tryamkin, Brisebois, Sautner, OJ, Rafferty etc we've got half decent depth.

If we do anything, I think it will be minor.

From one standpoint, I wouldn't mind seeing us move Baerstchi, but on the other hand, I won't be disappointed if this gets pushed to summer and he's here for Utica playoff run.

I could see if trying to move Benn, but only if Benning feels confident that he'll have Tryamkin back in a few weeks.

I'm sure there are tweaks that we can make to the Canucks and Utica, but they are just that, tweaks. I don't see anything that would upgrade us in a substantial way, past what Benning already did in acquiring Toffoli.

My guess is, he'll let this team stand as it is and see how they run. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Motte, Beagle, MacEwan

And as soon as a Lind/Hoglander/Podkolzin etc looks ready to push their way on to the team, I'd imagine one of Virtanen/Boeser gets moved for a D.

Cant have Sutter in your bottom six tho. Cap hit is too high and he is injury prone. Not to mention really soft. I know we need some PK'ers tho so maybe we can find a cheaper option? With grit

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Motte, Beagle, MacEwan

Or Pearson isn’t resigned 

also Sutter is going to be gone after next year the latest 

Edited by Devron44

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Or Pearson isn’t resigned 

also Sutter is going to be gone after next year the latest 

Possible. Still think Benning moves a good, young F for a D at some point.

Yes, Sutter will be gone by at least the end of next year.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Cant have Sutter in your bottom six tho. Cap hit is too high and he is injury prone. Not to mention really soft. I know we need some PK'ers tho so maybe we can find a cheaper option? With grit

Sure you can.

Injury prone, sure (at least in VAN, before that he was damn near ironman). Not actually soft. 

Eventually yes, we'll need a cheaper replacement. Doubt that's next year though.

Just now, Warhippy said:

There's a number of contracts that are unlikely to be here after the summer.

Eriksson

Sutter

Roussel

Leivo

Baertschi

It will work out

I agree it could work. What I don’t agree with is Virtanen and Boeser will have to be moved. Finally after all these years have a top 6. JB is going to do his best to keep it that way. Pearson and JV can easily play up and down the lineup 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

There's a number of contracts that are unlikely to be here after the summer.

Eriksson

Sutter

Roussel

Leivo

Baertschi

It will work out

I hope JB can get ride of the majority of these without giving away the farm, would be nice to have some cap wiggle room

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I agree it could work. What I don’t agree with is Virtanen and Boeser will have to be moved. Finally after all these years have a top 6. JB is going to do his best to keep it that way. Pearson and JV can easily play up and down the lineup 

We don't HAVE to move them. I never stated anything of the sort. You have to give to get and I think once the F depth becomes undeniable, Benning looks long and hard at moving some of it for an under contract, top 4 D. The defensive version of Miller trade.

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I don't agree Virtanen moves.  He's slowly becoming a quality bottom 6 player.  his raise this year won't be much and that cost certainty will be a necessity moving forward.

Boeser though...I honestly COULD see him moving at some point IF the price is right.  But then the price for a league wide top end RW isn't cheap so who knows.

1 minute ago, Sedinery33 said:

I hope JB can get ride of the majority of these without giving away the farm, would be nice to have some cap wiggle room

I can say I firmly believe at least 2 of those contracts are gone by this time next season

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

We don't HAVE to move them. I never stated anything of the sort. You have to give to get and I think once the F depth becomes undeniable, Benning looks long and hard at moving some of it for an under contract, top 4 D. The defensive version of Miller.

Maybe. Unless Raff steps in and Joulevi turns out. We’ve made a coupe trades now. I love both of them but JB is going to have to be diligent going forward. There’s free agency coming as well. 
JV and Bess still have loads of potential. I wouldn’t move them