The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Toffoli happened under the radar of emotion.

Huh? 

JB has said, for the last couple months at least, he was looking for another top 6 forward.

So explain how the toffoli trade "happened under the radar of emotion"....whatever that even means.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh? 

JB has said, for the last couple months at least, he was looking for another top 6 forward.

So explain how the toffoli trade "happened under the radar of emotion"....whatever that even means.

Did you see any of the media predict Toffoli to Canucks?

Let's go, superstar!

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Toffoli happened under the radar of emotion.

I'm skeptical or any moves with emotional weight without evidence. Especially when everyone's freaking out.

Tbh, the fact that everyone liked the Toffoli trade but hated the Miller trade made me go ... wtf?

Now, of course everyone's on the Toffoli bandwagon but really should have been on the Miller bandwagon first. 

GCG!!

Yes it’s a weird bunch. I was happy with the Miller trade from the beginning. cap hit, age, everything was great. Thought we had a winger for Bo. Everyone else was freaking out. 

Now he’s one of the best in the business.

Still need another winger though, Benning says its a few times from the start of the year.

Benning gets Toffoli. CDC, we need more trades now! And also we can trade  Boeser now. He doesn’t fit. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Did you see any of the media predict Toffoli to Canucks?

Let's go, superstar!

Pretty sure JB said he went out and got Toffoli cuz Boeser had a bad injury that would take him out up until the playoffs started.  But he was probably keeping options open in search for a top 6 winger since Ferland has been on LTIR earlier in the season. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Barrie's defense.

meh I think it's over blown. Stetcher isnt exactly a defensive stalwart. sure hes better defensively than Barrie but offensively there is no comparison. Hughes shouldn't be asked to play 27min playoff games someone else needs to be a driver from the back end.

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, BPA said:

Pretty sure JB said he went out and got Toffoli cuz Boeser had a bad injury that would take him out up until the playoffs started.  But he was probably keeping options open in search for a top 6 winger since Ferland has been on LTIR earlier in the season. 

Yeah, true, I'm just pointing out the media wasn't on top of this to stoke the emotions of fans. It flew under their radar therefore they weren't leading the emotional response 

I'll be surprised if this Barrie speculation turns out to be true. I'd like it to be but this is - imo - more hot button, emotional news.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yeah, true, I'm just pointing out the media wasn't on top of this to stoke the emotions of fans. It flew under their radar therefore they weren't leading the emotional response 

I'll be surprised if this Barrie speculation turns out to be true. I'd like it to be but this is - imo - more hot button, emotional news.

You mean click bait.

Lol

:P

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I remember Luke saying that the Canucks had offered him a one year deal but took the TB deal because he saw his brother win the cup, wanted to experience that,

thought he had a better chance with TB, which is true.

Could be right. Also if your gonna make league minimum anyway may as well save tax. I guess the point is theres probably no hard feelings from either side. And he wouldn’t be a bad depth option. Probably come very cheap

Edited by Devron44

20 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Craig Button says Ron Hainsey is all the Canucks need. A grey hair that calms things down and take some pressure off Edler.

I agree.

Not sure about that Button guy. But I’d agree that I’d way rather spend a low end pick then a package deal for Barrie or something else. We got our prize already but I’d be ok with some depth on the back end 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Craig Button says Ron Hainsey is all the Canucks need. A grey hair that calms things down and take some pressure off Edler.

I agree.

Ya, maybe not Hainsey himself... but a version of that.  A steady defensive  3rd pairing veteran who is an upgrade on Benn/Fantenberg.

Shouldn’t cost us much.

I still dream of a larger deal that sheds us cap and upgrades our D signficantly (looking at you Risto/Severson/etc), but too many teams looking for that and prices could be way too high.