The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Mutual termination of contract.

I believe this is the future of “moving on”. Too many players don’t fit with teams they sign with.

However it happens, having his entire cap come off the books will be hockey Gaud's gift.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

Most of the actual money paid to him on the contract is gone after this bonus day (July 1? 15?).

Anyways, after that, his contract becomes far more palatable to certain cap structured teams.

We've all seen it, he still has game. 6 million in game, no.

Anyways, his hit is 6 across the contract, per season.

The most reasonable thing for the team would be for him to retire after this bonus is collected.

But he is still leaving several mill on the table at that point.

That being said, something in my guts telling me it's coming.

Maybe we give him some consulting job on the side after he retires to "pay" back the rest of the contract. Or mutually terminate if he wants to see if a team will give him a chance to keep playing. He could be useful to a team like Detroit on a cheap contract.

I just prefer to not have to give up any assets to move him. Even if it's more palatable to a cap floor team, they will know our situation and force us to make a move as other teams will want to unload their cap waste and some GMs are willing to give the moon to do so.

33 minutes ago, xereau said:

There were some amazing moments too.

He was great for the best team we ever had.

The team didn't close it out, and the way he left was lame, but oh well.

Some of his team records, and all time NHL stats (top 3 all time in several of the bigguns), will be hard to pass.

I got some horror for ya: Lu should be next in the RoH.

The comment was directed at his puck handling 'skills'.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Kushman said:

Congrats to Eddie but I have a feeling that record won't last long with Quinn Hughes racking up points the way he is

Right, that record could be broken within 5 seasons. He has 11 multi point games out of 62 games, that's 1 in every 5-6 games.. With 20 games left, he could have 3-4 more, giving him 14-15 multi point games over the season. In 5 years, he will have about 70 multi point games if he maintains this pace.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Eriksson may be valuable to a cap floor team by summer.

lol what cap floor teams are there? Ottawa? melynk ain't gonna pay and they will be pretty close to the cap floor by the time they sign all their RFA. Detroit? they have like 1 or 2 defenseman signed next year.. after they fill out their defense and sign their rfa. the boat have sail for team needing cap dump to reach cap floor.. most team already dumped to those teams.. we ain't dumping anything without giving somethign significant

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol what cap floor teams are there? Ottawa? melynk ain't gonna pay and they will be pretty close to the cap floor by the time they sign all their RFA. Detroit? they have like 1 or 2 defenseman signed next year.. after they fill out their defense and sign their rfa. the boat have sail for team needing cap dump to reach cap floor.. most team already dumped to those teams.. we ain't dumping anything without giving somethign significant

You just love to paint the worst picture possible. With you there are no solutions, only the worst possible outcomes, and the blame you assign in your mind.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Well, Eriksson’s bonus will be paid, perhaps there is something to be done by mutual termination of contract like our good friend Kovalchuk and the Los Angeles Kings.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, CaptainKool said:

I didnt like Toffoli when he was a king, because he always scored on us. But now I ******* love him. What a beauty

My feelings exactly, a real good hockey player .. hope he boosts us in the playoffs and we can keep him. At the very least makes for an interesting summer. :metal: