The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agreed.

And we dont have 10 years for him to figure it out like it took Marky.  Unless demko does a complete reversal and plays well, I would support trading him and signing Marky long term. Just get a ufa back up every year as needed.

What are you going to get back? 7th rounder? 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

aaaand just last week we lost 5-1 to the Ducks one of the worst teams in the west, and now we lost 5-2 to another $&!#ty team.  

It's the Canucks' proud heritage losing to bottom feeders while playing like a $&!#tier team.

Canucks high pressure forechecking system doesn’t work against teams that don’t possess the puck and press the play. It goes against what they practice when they are forced to dictate the play. Coaching should prepare the team better for these type of games. Short passes, support , moving the pressure slowly up the ice, less pinching.

5 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

What do you think that might be ?

I personally think demko played average and if the team showed up this could have been a win

instead we saw high risk passes and terrible turn over, zone coverage was terrible the whole games

of the 24 shots Demko faced I would say that 8 where high danger ones that's not an acceptable % 8 of 24

Edited by Arrow 1983

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There are far too many passengers on the team. Lazy, uninspired players unwilling to play the right way. Benning has a summer ahead of him unloading the considerable dead wood this team still employs. 

Hopefully Green sees the situation for what it is and gives a couple of hungry young players opportunities and sits useless players like Eriksson and Roussel. 

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if it's laziness-just not the same motor as say Hughes etc.  

I suspect tho after an L, and a couple of spotty games in a row MacEwan will draw in which would be a big thumbs up.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What are you going to get back? 7th rounder? 

Not sure I care.

Keep him and let him go to Seattle.  Whatever. But if he continues with the crap play from the last 2 games it makes the Canuck decision easy.

Sign Marky for 6 years and leave demko unprotected.  All those posters that kept saying we should keep demko and trade Marky are clearly out to lunch imo.

• Wat 2

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if it's laziness-just not the same motor as say Hughes etc.  

I suspect tho after an L, and a couple of spotty games in a row MacEwan will draw in which would be a big thumbs up.  

Bench one of Rous or Eriksson the rest of the season and play MacE

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Bad game. From goal outwards, we were not good. A lot of missed passes/plays and turnovers. We looked good for the first half of the third, but we should absolutely come to play for games against teams like the Sens. Ffs - they had what... 6 guys playing who haven't even played 20 games in the NHL?

If we want to be a playoff team, we gotta put games like this away.

On a side note, really happy for Ryan. Tough road to come back from - hopefully he remains on the wagon.