The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

If the canucks miss the playoffs, there is no way green comes back! Is there? 

Is there any way him OR Benning get another year?  

4 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Markstrom went from a Nobody(sarcasm) to one of the best Goalies in the league with the Canucks

I think we have a pretty good chance of resigning him to a reasonable contract.

If i were him, i wouldn't want to leave

He's in his 30s and this will be his first/last big contract.  It's his only shot to cash in.  He'll go after the money, and if I'm the GM here I do anything to resign him.

16 minutes ago, taskicon said:

Two terrible penalties by “veterans”. So frustrated with this team.

If the season continues like this someone needs to be fired.

Nobody needs to be fired, the reason we lost was because of sutter and rousell.  That’s it.  They should be scratched or something or bag skated 

The so called vet and character guys are killing this team.  But...  still in this, just let it go and focus on the next game.  

Might be the weed typing here but I think Demko locks it down and the vets get their shiza together.  I still believe:metal:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ebbs and flows, right? :picard:

This is BS. With Pettersson, Miller, Toffoli, Horvat and Hughes, the Canucks should be much better, but they kind of suck without Markstrom saving the day game after game. Disappointing and concerning. 

With Stecher, Fantenberg, Myers, Sutter, Roussel in his current form, etc etc....the ceiling is limited.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“If we want to win and make the playoffs, we have to be better than that. Plain and simple. We were the better team for 52 minutes, but those last eight minutes killed us. It’s unacceptable. We’re upset.” - Horvat

Heard this line way too many times from the players and coaching staff...not playing the full 60. If they haven’t learnt from their previous mistakes as yet, someone has not being doing their job.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cluminati* said:

Heard this line way too many times from the players and coaching staff...not playing the full 60. If they haven’t learnt from their previous mistakes as yet, someone has not being doing their job.

Yes they say it every time and do nothing about it. They just might have no clue what to do.

I and a few others on here who aren’t looking through rose coloured glasses have been saying for months that this team consistently gets outshot and relies on Markstrom to much. Now it’s starting to show with marky out. Can you guys who trashed us for saying so please speak up?

At least goal scoring isn’t our biggest concern moving forward anymore we have a very solid top 6 and that’s without Boeser right now. Whether we make the playoffs or not adjustments should be made to the defence and bottom 6. Virtanen should permanently be a top 6 player moving forward.

• Upvote 1