The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

I don’t know if it’s a lack of effort.. to me it looks like they have a lack of talent in certain components of their lineup ...especially on the blue line.  Outside of Hughes they generate almost no offence.., its hard on the forwards when they work their arses off to get possession in the o zone only to hand it back to the d where the play dies or a muffin is launched at the net. It happens time after time. I love tanev but once in a while you need more from a top pair d man On the other side of centre ice(just picking on him as an example) 

Rathbone would be instantly our second best puck moving D.  Rafferty looks great in Utica.  Tryamkin could potentially be back soon.  Still, I don’t see changing the players as helping as much as changing the coach.  

• Vintage 1

Canucks are playing better than they were earlier in the year so hopefully they learn this is how you need to play on a regular basis instead of all the coasting by on Markstrom's great goaltending they were doing.

Credit to Columbus for having a few key guys missing because of injury but not using that as an excuse.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If we miss the playoffs, which there is a good chance. Who stays and who goes? GM? Coach?. One has to if they just dropout.

The GM also owns the team so he ain’t going anywhere unfortunately.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Violator said:

I think adversity will be good for this team.not sure if they are gonna learn from it in time for the playoffs to still be able to make it.

It’s almost as if they just thought with 30 games to go that they don’t need to win many more games. It’s a good lesson to get to the 82 games before you celebrate being in a playoff position.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree about talent, Giroux, Voracek, Provorov, Hart to name a few. 

We can cover the full roster player by player and agree or disagree ( I did look at their numbers ) but AV has his team going simply because he knows how.....in his first year.

That's experience.

• Like 1

In the Colorado game the team came out skating and hitting, fast transitions, playing a simple north/south game with urgency.  It's as if the team knew they needed to do that to keep up with an "upper level" team.  Tonight the team played a passive east/west game, no urgency until Petey scored his goal.

The team is an enigma;  doesn't really know its identity.  Can play well when there is urgency and keeps it simple, but too often opportunities are lost due to trying to put it into the net with perfection (i.e. pass it into the net instead of shooting when the shot is available).  The Sedins are no longer on the team, so the east/west game doesn't work ! 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

We held Columbus to a few shots through two periods, and hit a bunch of posts. The effort is there. Sucks that we didn't get the result we wanted.

Also sucks how often it feels we’re repeating that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

We held Columbus to a few shots through two periods, and hit a bunch of posts. The effort is there. Sucks that we didn't get the result we wanted.

There was no effort to start the third, you're down two ffs.

• Like 1

If our defense was disciplined enough to pick up its respective checks (Roussel on the GWG) and didn't chase (Edler on the first goal didn't have to go behind the net) they would be a contender and Marky's job would be much easier when he's healthy.  Instead with failed assignments we relied on the goalie to be our MVP and now we're eating the fruits of this.  Just hope Marky can still be hot if we eke out a 1st round berth because we'll need it.  

10 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

14 games left...they've gone 5-8-1 in their last 14 and the final 14 are a tougher test...5-7-2 88pts and missing by 3pts is what I see transpiring...

Ugh.. I hate how I can see this too

Prove me wrong boys