The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Nils Hoglander

Will be interesting whether he chooses to come to play in Utica or chooses to stay in Sweden til he is NHL ready.

Hope he comes over to adjust to the NA style of game.  I feel his overall flash and skill along with an abrasive style will allow him to flourish despite his short stature.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Going to be super interesting to follow his early days in N.A. My guess is that he will be loaned to an SHL club for next season. I believe that is the best thing for his development right now. 

I feel the same way.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if he went to Utica, but I feel as long as there is room to grow in Sweden, why rush.

serious question.  What does this mean for his contract?  Were they rushing things by signing him now knowing that this Covid issue gives them a better timeline for signing these prospects or?

Either way I am stoked to have him under contract

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

serious question.  What does this mean for his contract?  Were they rushing things by signing him now knowing that this Covid issue gives them a better timeline for signing these prospects or?

I don't think so, he does have the euro assignment clause in there if he needs one more year in Sweden.

Very happy to see this signing. Rathbone next please. 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's not getting more than an ELC. There's not a whole lot to negotiate. Our intention was to always sign him this offseason and get a longer look for him here in training camp (whereas he would be obligated to head back to Sweden for his camp there if not signed with us). We could still loan him back to Sweden if he prefers to not play in Utica (although I hope he sticks around).

• Cheers 1