The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

2-2 Minny just scored to tie. 

Eric Stall 

How effective is the Wild's defensive game? The key to Canucks victory is really base on how well they can penetrate the Wild's defense, if the Canucks can do that, with our offensive fire power, we can take the series.

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

How effective is the Wild's defensive game? The key to Canucks victory is really base on how well they can penetrate the Wild's defense, if the Canucks can do that, with our offensive fire power, we can take the series.

We can take the series.

Staal is a handful, to be sure, but we will shut him down.

Nobody is going to stop Huggy Bear, Tofifay, Petey, and JT.

And Marky will stop everything.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I had to throw up a sun shade (also known as my bath towel)

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

image.png

I have my Orca Canucks flag in the same place over my sliding door.

5-3 Canucks win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is what the lines looked for the Jets this morning:

Are they going to make us wait all day to find who's playing for us?   We need to know.   The curiosity is beginning to gnaw.   Tell us already!!!!!!

Edited by RWMc1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

The Wild have 15 goals more than the Canucks at 5v5 while allowing also 5 less.  The Canucks do their damage on the PP.   Wild were one of the very best teams at protecting the middle of the ice.  Dumba looks to have found his shot.  He struggled so much this season after coming back from a torn pectoral back in Nov 2018 that required multiple surgeries.  That shot on his goal was not seen this season.

Always nice to see a Canucks win, but even if they don't in this one, doesn't really matter. All practice. Great that we get to finally see what the team looks like, and I'm expecting big things from them during this campaign. Maybe I shouldn't, but I just look at all of the positions, and the Canucks should be a very tough team to beat. If Juolevi continues to improve, the D will be all for the better. Rafferty could also prove useful if they go deep and injuries occur. I'd like to see Myers use his size a bit more, make opponents pay. Markstrom is a Vezina calibre goalie. Goaltending is kind of a big deal in the playoffs. The Canucks definitely have the skill up front with Pettersson, Boeser, etc., but what I really like is the size and grit factor with some of the supporting cast:

Ferland

Virtanen

Roussel

Beagle

MacEwen

Bailey* 

Horvat, Toffoli, Motte and Miller are also gritty tough players. I think they're built for the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mll said:

The Wild have 15 goals more than the Canucks at 5v5 while allowing also 5 less.  The Canucks do their damage on the PP.   Wild were one of the very best teams at protecting the middle of the ice.  Dumba looks to have found his shot.  He struggled so much this season after coming back from a torn pectoral back in Nov 2018 that required multiple surgeries.  That shot on his goal was not seen this season.

That's bad news. Hope our boys can find the Wild's weakness and destroy them!!!

I'm noticing a lot of how Minnesota's style they really seem to go in packs of 2 into forecheck, neutral zone entry/containment, defensive zone defending, and off the cycle.  They like work in pairs and really drawing the opposition into that pair to open their own space for the remaining players.

They constantly hover one another to give outlets and support.  I really like their structure.  I can see how that style would pose a lot of problems for teams who want to run and gun.  That style is very demanding though, I can see how over time that style can wear on the older players.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting the Minny feed on NHL center Ice and the announcers have constantly been talking about the Canucks and the play - in series coming up...

They are doing a special report on the Canucks to show the Canucks stars and a scouting report on them after the 2nd period..  10 mins left in 2nd period 3-2 Avs leading..

• Cheers 1