The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Considering he's not playing with the Sedins (with which a pylon could score), I think he's been alright. Not as good as I thought he'd be, but unlike most of CDC who had written him off, I felt he would have a bounceback year.

I think he still has a fair amount to prove.

Considering he's not playing with the Sedins (with which a pylon could score), I think he's been alright. Not as good as I thought he'd be, but unlike most of CDC who had written him off, I felt he would have a bounceback year.

I think he still has a fair amount to prove.

This statement has been proven to be false so many times it's not even funny.

The number of players successful on a line with the Sedins compared to the number of players who have played on a line with them is pretty low.

Trent Klatt

Jason King

Anson Carter

Markus Naslund

Mikael Samuelsson

Alex Burrows

Taylor Pyatt

Radim Vrbata

Todd Bertuzzi

Jannick Hansen

Jon Bernier

Mason Raymond

Jan Bulis

(Bold are the ones with any real success)

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth
  • Upvote 1

What the? :huh:

Burrows scores twice and no sign of Deb? :o

I was there cheering him on Rupert. :) !!!!

(Bieska scored too...bonus points) What a game...thankful for friends who persuade me to drag my sorry sick butt out ... declined on Thursday/just not up to it. She wouldn't take no for an answer last night....thank God. So I will now add my two cents: WOOOOO

FTR....Burr is taking A LOT of abuse in front of the net but stands his ground (again). Those who only watch for the flash on camera will miss this stuff. At the end of the game had two guys going at him in the corner....he really does earn his pay away from the play.

The number of players successful on a line with the Sedins compared to the number of players who have played on a line with them is pretty low.

Trent Klatt

Jason King

Anson Carter

Markus Naslund

Mikael Samuelsson

Alex Burrows

Taylor Pyatt

Radim Vrbata

Todd Bertuzzi

Jannick Hansen

Jon Bernier

Mason Raymond

Jan Bulis

I think it really depends on how you look at success. Many of those players did have success with the twins. Just because it didn't last multiple years doesn't mean they didn't have successful stints with the twins. After all now that Burrows is off that line were not going to write off his previous success because it didn't last forever.

King was in the rookie of the year talk the first half of the season he played with the twins (hit a bad stretch after, but he did have success)

Bertuzzi also had success, he was put on the third line with them, Shortly after he was moved up to the first line to play to create the WCE.

Klatt also had success with the twins and place 2nd line with them. Never forget him scoring that OT winner against the wild.

Adveson was really clicking with twins before he had that career ending knee injury

Linden played with them at the end of the year and in the 2007 playoffs, where they put up good numbers.

Kassian we saw have success with the twins

Kesler last year was put on the twins line up until christmas and the team hit the injury bug. They were having a great year together.

So again it's what you define as success. Burrows kind of success? only burrows can really say that.

Trent Klatt

Jason King

Anson Carter

Markus Naslund

Mikael Samuelsson

Alex Burrows

Taylor Pyatt

Radim Vrbata

Todd Bertuzzi

Jannick Hansen

Jon Bernier

Mason Raymond

Jan Bulis

And of the 3, Burrows was the most consistent for the longest period of time.

Trent Klatt

Jason King

Anson Carter

Markus Naslund

Mikael Samuelsson

Alex Burrows

Taylor Pyatt

Radim Vrbata

Todd Bertuzzi

Jannick Hansen

Jon Bernier

Mason Raymond

Jan Bulis

Brashear.........no need to bold it.

Really? :picard:

Yes really. Before last night, he hadn't scored a goal in 9 games and had only 2 assists over that same 9 game stretch. I am not asking for a return to his glory days with the Sedins, but to houdini for long stretches of time while making the kind of scratch he does is not acceptable.

Yes really. Before last night, he hadn't scored a goal in 9 games and had only 2 assists over that same 9 game stretch. I am not asking for a return to his glory days with the Sedins, but to houdini for long stretches of time while making the kind of scratch he does is not acceptable.

His style of play has never dictated him as a scorer. He's a grinder who's good defensively and agitates the other team. He's lost a step as he's aged making him a little less effective in that role but effective nontheless.

• Upvote 1

The entire 2nd line has been in a slump. Funny that Burr should score 2 goals as soon as he changes linemates.

• Upvote 1

His style of play has never dictated him as a scorer. He's a grinder who's good defensively and agitates the other team. He's lost a step as he's aged making him a little less effective in that role but effective nontheless.

He also has incredible tenacity and fantastic hockey sense, which hasn't changed with age.