The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 10/3/2008 at 2:55 PM, blood brothers said:

I agree .. Burrows is a joke . weak skater ..weak fighter.. cant really trash talk cuz you can't understand him with that accent.

who cares if he doesn't cost us much. he is garbage .. easily replaced

Another early thread gem

• Haha 4

I don't post often but when I do...

The Op of this thread and those who agreed with them are an embarrassment to the hockey community.   To bag on a hard working, dedicated, loyal team player was, to say the least, the work of total douche bags... most of whom I would guess never laced them up.

Every time I go to a game and see #14 up there in the Ring of Honor, I will smile and say thanks for the great memories!

Hopefully one day we will see Mr Burrows behind the bench of another great Canuck team!

One thing that always stood out to me about Burr was the fact that he always put the team first. 

There were so many great memories but there's one interview i'll always remember. 

When he was asked about re-signing way under market value. He replied "I want to bring the Stanley Cup to Vancouver" 

LOVE YOU BURR well deserved ROH and forever a Canuck. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ferlands_Head said:

One thing that always stood out to me about Burr was the fact that he always put the team first. 

There were so many great memories but there's one interview i'll always remember. 

When he was asked about re-signing way under market value. He replied "I want to bring the Stanley Cup to Vancouver" 

LOVE YOU BURR well deserved ROH and forever a Canuck. 

So many great moments with Alex Burrows. His speech last night was classic Burr. Even to the point of apologizing to Danny for missing him in the initial celebration after scoring 'the GOAL'. He admitted during the interview that he could not remember anything after scoring. I thought it a tad strange that the Twins did not make an appearance on the ice. IMHO it could have been them who gave him the watch. What should have happened was a pickup or car gift with the Twins driving it onto the ice. A watch? I remember when John Bucyk retired with the Bruins they gave him a car, crystal glass and pictures. I thought the effort last night was on the chinzy side. 

Congrats to Alex he deserves all he gets. Many fans dwell on his time with the Twins which is fair enough. What stays with me is when Burrows joined Kesler in Van. Those two started the change in attitude of compliancy that existed with the club at that time. Losing was no longer acceptable and if you were going to lose you would go down fighting. I have always believed that Burrows had a more to do with the Twins success than vice versa. He gave them a trigger and created space infront of the net. He also gave them a d-side presence that they needed to improve their puck possession.    

3 minutes ago, smokes said:

Question: As I watched the Ring of Honor celebrations and remembering all the highlights as if they were yesterday then realizing that most of those highlights happened almost a decade ago. Does that mean I'm getting old?

yup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, smokes said:

Question: As I watched the Ring of Honor celebrations and remembering all the highlights as if they were yesterday then realizing that most of those highlights happened almost a decade ago. Does that mean I'm getting old?

Smokes.... Your not getting old, just well seasoned like me:bigblush:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1