The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

47 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

A really intense episode that really moved the story along.  

Only critique is that it played out exactly as you expected it to.  Nothing that happened came as any surprise.

They're getting close enough to the end that I doubt there will be many surprises left. The various plot threads have to start coming together and unless things are going totally off the rails, things that we've theorized are going to happen will happen.

Think I'll resist til Sunday.

So when this series is all said and done what do you think they'll do next(if anything)?  I imagine the amount of potential money is too much to just walk away so maybe a spinoff in the past? future?  Any movies?  A movie about Robert's Rebellion would be cool but TBH I don't know much of the history of Westeros. 

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

So when this series is all said and done what do you think they'll do next(if anything)?  I imagine the amount of potential money is too much to just walk away so maybe a spinoff in the past? future?  Any movies?  A movie about Robert's Rebellion would be cool but TBH I don't know much of the history of Westeros. 

I sure hope they stick away from it. It's not hard to tell that the writing in the books is alot better than what we've been seeing once they get too far ahead. Not really enjoying the avengers style humor sprinkled in. 

The best shows know when to end and finish on top. Like breaking bad. Game of thrones will be right up there as long as it doesn't bomb the last season. 

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I'd like to see a few spinoffs:

The Doom - the rise and fall of the Dragon Lords and the apocalypse of old Valaria

Aegon Targaryen's conquest of Westeros 

The Dance of the Dragons - not the book, but the civil dragon war between the Targaryens

Just watched a 1080p leak version with great sound. Another awesome episode..I caved after having youtube spoil a few things for me. 

I'll wait till it airs on tv before discussing further.

Edited by HI5

Spoiler

very intense episode. had the dragon bits spoiled unfortunately, but very intense still. arya acting like an idiot and SO out of character, doesn't really make a lot of sense to me

edit 1: also, where'd the white walkers get the 10,000 feet of chain from

and how'd they wrap it around the dragon if they can't swim?

and if they can swim, why did they not swim to them on the island?

edit 2: i wonder if the dragon will breathe fire or ice? it sure would be kinda cool if it was ice, and it would serve the white walkers' purpose of creating more, right? if the dragon just burns everything, they wouldn't turn into walkers. hmm?

also, the convo about death with dany just seemed like foreshadowing, or maybe it's a curveball? that last episode was the first time i've actually had a weird feeling that maybe tyrion could die before this is all through

don't click until you've seen the new ep

Edited by GLASSJAW

On 09/08/2017 at 6:35 PM, GLASSJAW said:

...please don't talk about leaked scripts in a thread titled "up tot he point of the TV show"

6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:
  Reveal hidden contents

very intense episode. had the dragon bits spoiled unfortunately, but very intense still. arya acting like an idiot and SO out of character, doesn't really make a lot of sense to me

also, where'd the white walkers get the 10,000 feet of chain from

and how'd they wrap it around the dragon if they can't swim?

and if they can swim, why did they not swim to them on the island?

Take your own advice, man...

I appreciate that you put your spoiler in "hidden contents" but without giving a heads up as to what to expect if you open it, its kind of pointless. 

I guess its my fault for opening it. I should have expected a spoiler for the leaked episode, since nobody in here can seem to resist talking about it, but man... 

25 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Take your own advice, man...

I appreciate that you put your spoiler in "hidden contents" but without giving a heads up as to what to expect if you open it, its kind of pointless. 

I guess its my fault for opening it. I should have expected a spoiler for the leaked episode, since nobody in here can seem to resist talking about it, but man... 

my mistake, had it in my mind that i was super late to the party - should have clarified my tag

• Upvote 2

On the leaked episode.

It was really good. I had grown tired the last few seasons. Thought pretty much everything after Tyrion's trial was pretty unfortgettable. However, this season has really started to move towards a conclusion, and this last episode certainly felt like it gave some clarity as to what that will look like.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:09 PM, Canorth said:

I'd like to see a few spinoffs:

The Doom - the rise and fall of the Dragon Lords and the apocalypse of old Valaria

Aegon Targaryen's conquest of Westeros 

The Dance of the Dragons - not the book, but the civil dragon war between the Targaryens

Agree on the Doom of Valyria.

The Blackfyre rebellion(s) might make for an interesting spinoff as well.......That and the LEGO version of Dunc and Egg....B)

6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

my mistake, had it in my mind that i was super late to the party - should have clarified my tag

I had actually wondered the same thing yesterday. I was interested in what you had to say, but stopped myself. My thought was "If it's in spoilers, it might have to do with the leaked episode". Glad I resisted the temptation.

We'll talk Monday.:)