The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

just imagine how successful Lindros would have been had he been born 10 years later. without scott stevens and the new focus on avoiding head shots, he'd be unstoppable.

Except for all the suspensions Lindros would have been serving for the dirty head shots he dished out...suppose you forgot about the head shot and follow through on the glass Lindros laid on Dackell. Selective memory.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok here's my thinking..I think tweener forwards like Archie (with size) could up their value by learning defense.ie a 4th liner that can go back and replace a defenseman in a pinch (injury/penalty whatever) Think of it like a utility infielder in baseball. I think this would help when our defense corp is banged up or on back to back games as well. :)

i never said he never gave them out, so i don't know how it's selective memory, all i said is that his career would have been a lot longer and better if stevens didn't end it so soon.

Maybe he'd be less of a bigot too because who the hell grows up these days hating French Canadians? Never was sad to see his career ended.

Maybe he'd be less of a bigot too because who the hell grows up these days hating French Canadians? Never was sad to see his career ended.

well teams in quebec now speak english in the dressing room and have english speaking players on their roster. not so much back when he was drafted. he didn't hate them, he just wanted to play someplace he could communicate with his teammates/people in the city. I don't know why anyone on the nords would be butthurt about it. that trade was a huge reason why they eventually won the cup (in Colorado)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty interesting that comments around Canuck prospects mentions their improved d-zone play. Archie played games for Van last year and coaching seemed to want to use him as an enforcer. Green spends a whole year with him and he is playing a stronger d-zone game which will help him make the NHL. Making the NHL does not have to be all about PPG. Next fall is looking very interesting. Likely the best in decades!

Archie had a chance for the hat trick last night on an empty net shot from between the Comets blue line and the red line. The puck wouldn't sit down for him and he was being pressured so he took the shot anyway and missed the net for an icing. The Comets were up by two with less than 20 seconds left so why not try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived