The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

38 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

The Newest Hunger Games movie: stopped watching/10

My girlfriend is a huge hunger games fan... she woke me up after the movie was done to rant about how bad it was...

My wife loved the books. I sort of liked the first two, but wasn't blown away by them.

But that last one was horrible. Wife felt the same.

Terminator:Genisys  stopped watching/10

What a pile of turd.  Alan Taylor has done some decent stuff (multiple Game of Thrones episodes), but this 'movie' seemed like an extended TV episode.  There really are only a handful of directors out there that can handle the action/sci fi genre well.

Point Break: Lonely Platagonia 3.5/10

They traded in all that late-80s SoCal weirdo lunacy for some slick modern Bond X-Games crapola. One had spirit, the other has 'spirituality;. At least it did have some borderline Tommy Wiseau-level vague Eastern European accented facepalm dialogue.

The latest episode of Last Man on Earth was absolutely phenomenal. Completely different in scope and style, and yet fit perfectly.

Best episode since the series premiere. This show keeps getting better and better.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The latest episode of Last Man on Earth was absolutely phenomenal. Completely different in scope and style, and yet fit perfectly.

Best episode since the series premiere. This show keeps getting better and better.

Getting me excited!

Just now, D-Money said:

When it first premiered, I was really excited at the thought of Forte and Schaal in a series together. After almost every episode, I kept saying, "While this is really good, this just seems like a premise that can't keep going." And yet, the writers keep stepping it up and keeping it incredibly fresh.

Focusing on his brother for the entire last episode was perfectly executed.

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

yep, i loved it as well....really looking forward to what J.S. can bring to the series this year.(i really miss him on SNL, which is pretty much unwatchable these days unless you have a pvr and can skip through the bs to find the 5 minutes of laughs)

Police Academy 2 (on TV last night) - 6/10

Love the first Police Academy and I feel the 2nd is a bit of a step back. Thought the Tackleberry love story was a little forced. I did enjoy Bobcat Goldthwait as the antagonist.

Overall the first is a classic and the second just falls short in enough areas to not be as enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

...Make sure you don't shut it off when the credits start rolling. One of the best scenes is still coming.

Was it the red ticker warning about the child pedophile that ran across during the credits? If so, did NOT see that coming.

cloverfield: seeing how the sequel is getting good reviews, decided to finally check out the first one. not too bad. definitely thought they executed a lot of the action-y sequences well. but i found every single character, minus jessica lucas' cleavage, to be completely unbearable. maybe that was the point? point or not, i didn't enjoy listening to them say anything, or try to act out emotions. still decent. 6.5/10

13 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

10 Cloverfield Lane 

8/10

The ending was off the wall, but overall I really liked it. It had an extremely claustrophobic and suspenseful atmosphere. John Goodman was genuinely frightening.

John goodman is goodness

Jupiter Ascending - 3/10. Had it on the PVR for awhile so I finally watched it. Made it through without turning it off but it was pretty silly. Was quite disappointed in Eddie Redmayne's performance, especially since I thought he was really good as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything.

Daddy's Home - 7/10

This was also very silly but I enjoyed it.

56 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

am i the only one that thinks Last Man On Earth really should be 1 hour long each episode?

You are not.

However, the good thing with the half hour format is that every scene they use is necessary, leaving no filler. Leaves you wanting more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bone Tomahawk - My worst nightmare on screen/10

Few films I can say where I really enjoyed it, until one scene, which alone makes it unwatchable for me. For those that have seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Truly disgusting and quite unnecessary.