The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

No, we're gonna need his goal scoring ability in the next couple years when the Sedins are gone.

We're gonna have to draft a young D ourselves. Or package some picks at the draft and pick one up like Calgary and Edmonton did.

okay.  It's nice to see Hunter being rewarded for his efforts.  Do you think he might get a call up, for Baer maybe?

For reference, Teemu Pulkkinen who led the AHL in goal scoring last year didn't have 9 goals until The end of November after 18 games. He then went on to score at about a goal per game rate from December onto his call up.

Finished with 34 goals in 46 games

Shinkaruk in on pace for 37 in 46.

For reference, Teemu Pulkkinen who led the AHL in goal scoring last year didn't have 9 goals until The end of November after 18 games. He then went on to score at about a goal per game rate from December onto his call up.

Pulkkinen is also 2 years older than Hunter too, so that's good to see.

No, we're gonna need his goal scoring ability in the next couple years when the Sedins are gone.

We're gonna have to draft a young D ourselves. Or package some picks at the draft and pick one up like Calgary and Edmonton did.

I'm a big fan of Hunter but I agree with him to some extent.

Sell high. I'm not so sure that he'll be able to replicate this kind of goalscoring form in the NHL although I hope he does.

and Dale Weise is on pace to score 60 in 82.  Are we not putting the cart before the horse, just a bit?;)

I'm a big fan of Hunter but I agree with him to some extent.

Sell high. I'm not so sure that he'll be able to replicate this kind of goalscoring form in the NHL although I hope he does.

my point is it doesn't matter if he continues to score or not.  If we can use him as part of a package to get a top young D, then we don't care what Hunter does in the future because we will have another Tanev or Hutton on the back end.

my point is it doesn't matter if he continues to score or not.  If we can use him as part of a package to get a top young D, then we don't care what Hunter does in the future because we will have another Tanev or Hutton on the back end.

Except the problem is we'd be filling one hole by creating another hole up front.

This team finally has some depth up front in it's pool, we can't afford to start sacrificing it.

If we're gonna package anyone, it would be Jensen. Might not be much interest at this point though.

Wow. 

Now I really really really don't want Shinkaruk to be sent up. Let him dominate the AHL. Just let that kid go. Lettem adapt to being probably the best player on Utica, and let him learn the ways of being the veteran and the go-to guy. This kid's shining it up now. His confidence has probably sky-rocketed. 

Ugh, he's giving me a boner. (no homo)

Except the problem is we'd be filling one hole by creating another hole up front.

This team finally has some depth up front in it's pool, we can't afford to start sacrificing it.

If we're gonna package anyone, it would be Jensen. Might not be much interest at this point though.

I hear what you're saying.  I guess we need to wait and draft a young stud D.  How about this Chychrun?

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but his shooting percentage is sky high right now. I think the fact he is getting high danger scoring chances on a regular basis is comforting though. Some of the best goal scorers from last year were shooting at a 15% plus clip in the AHL and I think it's fair to say we might see him come down to that area by the end of the year.

35% just isn't sustainable. He could improve his shot output though it's only around 2.5 per game at the moment. I could see him getting to a 3.5 average pretty easily. Even if he drops to a S% of 10 for the rest of the year, he could still score 30 goals with 3.5 shots per game.

Small side note Gaunce is also on pace for 30 goals... What?

I hear what you're saying.  I guess we need to wait and draft a young stud D.  How about this Chychrun?

I doubt we draft that high.

I'd like us to get at least another 1st and a 2nd at the deadline. Then we can draft Niemelainen, Cederholm, Lindgren, Green, and/or Day.

If we can draft 3 or 4 solid D prospects in the 2016 draft we're looking pretty good for the future.

I doubt we draft that high.

I'd like us to get at least another 1st and a 2nd at the deadline. Then we can draft Niemelainen, Cederholm, Lindgren, Green, and/or Day.

If we can draft 3 or 4 solid D prospects in the 2016 draft we're looking pretty good for the future.

these young d don't make influence at the NHL level for several years.  Don't you think it would be better to get a guy around Hutton's age, who can contribute now?  That's where the trade can speed up the process of a rebuild.  Although with JBs track record for trades we could just be pis song away assets on another mistake - Vey and Baer.

Archived