The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

if vanek gets a late second. We'd be lucky to get that for vbrata. I'm thinking that the max we get back unless jb fleeces someone.  Fingers crossed  

The same Vanek that was traded for a 1ST, a 2ND and Moulson that season.

It doesn't matter how good he plays in the AHL if Willie plays him 10 min per game on the third line with no pp time. 

Pol here posting that shinker should take over from beartschi don't realize that beartschi was killing the AHL last playoff run. These guys need more than 10 min a game. Right now, too many young forwards for Willie to handle. Really happy for shinker, but baring injury I doubt he gets called up bc Willie is havingvtrouble managing things as it is - I mean he out coached himself in buffalo today.

I think they wait at least 30-40 games before they give up on Sven and call up Shinkaruk, this will give management a good sample size to judge Baertschi, as well as give Shinkaruk adequate time to put up some good numbers and build confidence.

should we package him with a vet (hammer, Vrby, or Higgins) and get a top young D?

No, we're gonna need his goal scoring ability in the next couple years when the Sedins are gone.

We're gonna have to draft a young D ourselves. Or package some picks at the draft and pick one up like Calgary and Edmonton did.

Archived