The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

For the most part it has been Vey.  Also don't forget 4 of Hunter's 9 goals have come on the PP and the first unit most of the time includes Shink, Vey, Grenier, Gaunce and Fedun. 

So Vey's looking OK ?

Maybe there's still hope.

When I watched Pedan pre season he looked like a deer in the headlight is there true hope for this guy ? I value your comments

So Vey's looking OK ?

Maybe there's still hope.

When I watched Pedan pre season he looked like a deer in the headlight is there true hope for this guy ? I value your comments

On the power play Vey has looked good.  During 5 on 5 not so much.  He just can't win a puck battle to save his life.

As far as Pedan is concerned I agree that in the preseason game I watch he did look a bit like a deer in the headlights.  Pedan is a better prospect than he appeared in that one preseason game.  A very good skater with a heavy shot and a long reach that he makes good use of.  He also makes a good first pass.  Where he still needs to improve is positional awareness and gets caught out of position at times but has improved tremendously since he first arrived in Utica last year. 

On the power play Vey has looked good.  During 5 on 5 not so much.  He just can't win a puck battle to save his life.

As far as Pedan is concerned I agree that in the preseason game I watch he did look a bit like a deer in the headlights.  Pedan is a better prospect than he appeared in that one preseason game.  A very good skater with a heavy shot and a long reach that he makes good use of.  He also makes a good first pass.  Where he still needs to improve is positional awareness and gets caught out of position at times but has improved tremendously since he first arrived in Utica last year. 

Thks. It struck me he has a high panick threshold. I saw the same in Clendening no pressure ... he could make a play...under pressure he coughed it up ( unlike say Hutton and Tanev ) Some how they have to make a believer of Pedan IMO at the NHL level.  No love from Greene for Mackenzie Stewart ?

Teams are playing us real chippy this year and getting away with a lot of stick work, just a matter of time before we need a call up. I'd prefer a bigger body like Gaunce but if Prust comes back I think we can bring up Shink. He's been great. The NHL stands for the National Hack'n'whack League  so he'll get his chance.

My ass. A lot of his goals are feeds from either Guance or Vey.

So what are you saying...he is a goal suck...his game is alot better this year and its a good thing the feeds are to him...at least he is burying them..take a look at some of his goals this year..have you seen any?

Horvat's not scoring this season and he's getting ripped defensively. He's not going to ever be our first line center let alone next year. Keep him as a defensive checker. If we somehow nab Lucic, play him with the twins. If we don't, play Sutter with the twins and promote McCann. The kids on pace for 40 points in his rookie year, that's good enough for 2nd line center on most thin teams these days.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - McCann - Burrows

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Hansen

Gaunce - Prust(?) - Virtanen

That's a dirt-cheap lineup as well and with 20M in cap space we could probably afford to splurge and get ourselves a top-6 scorer, or even better, a top-4 defenceman.

another incomplete lineup and oh because horvat's gripping his stick in his 20 year old season you've written him off exclusively as a checking center.

you are consistent i'll give you that

Archived