The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Shink will prob be the 1st top 6 call up and gaunce will prob remain 1st bottom 6 callup.  They might want to marinate him in the A though for a few months. Get him consistantly going and have him build up his confidence.  I think we could maybe see Shink in december if we have an opening.  (I would do the marinating method myself but will see.  He is looking real good)

I think a top 6 injury will be filled by a player already on the Canucks.  Higgins, Burrows and Hansen can play up and down the line up.  They get the nod before anybody in Utica.  And the vacant bottom 6 spot will be filled by Gaunce on the left, or Grenier possibly on the right.  Keeping in mind Burrows and Dorsett can play either side.

I think a top 6 injury will be filled by a player already on the Canucks.  Higgins, Burrows and Hansen can play up and down the line up.  They get the nod before anybody in Utica.  And the vacant bottom 6 spot will be filled by Gaunce on the left, or Grenier possibly on the right.  Keeping in mind Burrows and Dorsett can play either side.

yeah it would probably require at least a couple top 6 injuries for him to get the call imo 

yeah it would probably require at least a couple top 6 injuries for him to get the call imo 

You guys are probably right.  I'm being overly optomistic.  I nearly corrected that part of him being the 1st call up but I wanted to keep it in there. Me being mr positive lol.  But ya hes gonna get some good seasoning down below and then probably have an immediate impact upon his nhl arrival. (Start strong maybe fade off a bit but I think he will be full of confidence if he continues too excel.)

Shinkaruk and Gaunce are proving they belong in the NHL this season, but they got unlucky with Virtanen and McCann in what was a deeper draft year. Hopefully they're full-time NHLers next season and we can cut some dead weights.

Gotta give credit where credit is due, Benning has the youth movement in full effect. Making the transition very smooth of replacing vets with rookies

Next season we could see both Gaunce and Shinkaruk crack the lineup. With Cassels and Boeser on their way shortly after. Plus with Demko showing elite capablities, this teams future all of a sudden just got much brighter. Our defence will come. I'm sure top defensive prospects are the first thing on Benning's mind, via either trade or draft. 

You guys are probably right.  I'm being overly optomistic.  I nearly corrected that part of him being the 1st call up but I wanted to keep it in there. Me being mr positive lol.  But ya hes gonna get some good seasoning down below and then probably have an immediate impact upon his nhl arrival. (Start strong maybe fade off a bit but I think he will be full of confidence if he continues too excel.)

short of an Injury to Daniel, I don't see him in the line-up until next year or the deadline if we clean out.

For the most part it has been Vey.  Also don't forget 4 of Hunter's 9 goals have come on the PP and the first unit most of the time includes Shink, Vey, Grenier, Gaunce and Fedun. 

How has he looked 5 on 5? Dangerous  and better than last year ? Stoked for the kid but he definitely  needs to be consistently scoring and creating  chances before  he proves his worth  

1a. Baertschi Horvat Lucic 

1b. Sedin Sedin Burrows

3a. Shinkaruk Sutter Virtanen

3b. Gaunce McCann Dorsett

Next year? 

Horvat's not scoring this season and he's getting ripped defensively. He's not going to ever be our first line center let alone next year. Keep him as a defensive checker. If we somehow nab Lucic, play him with the twins. If we don't, play Sutter with the twins and promote McCann. The kids on pace for 40 points in his rookie year, that's good enough for 2nd line center on most thin teams these days.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - McCann - Burrows

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Hansen

Gaunce - Prust(?) - Virtanen

That's a dirt-cheap lineup as well and with 20M in cap space we could probably afford to splurge and get ourselves a top-6 scorer, or even better, a top-4 defenceman.

With Hunter's latest hat trick they are putting him up on a billboard in Utica.

Not really but it's a pretty good Photoshop job.

12191066_1024112464276617_67546618547434

lol had me fooled

Shinky is definitely growing as player and it looks to me as if he is assuming a large leadership roll on this years Comets. He is keeping the bench going when needed. He boosts the troops on the ice. Kid is impressing hell out of me.

Archived