The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gallagher: Where are the Canucks’ coaches? Not in Penticton, where the kids are desperately trying to make the team

TheMohammadman

It's a TG article, considering the source what does everyone expect, the man hasn't written an insightful article in years?

It's called filler, the guy doesn't have the talent to come up with anything worth reading, so he invents weird topics out of desperation to meet deadline that are written like a high school student scrambling to complete a late assignment.

Throughout the history the Canucks, nobody has contributed to the ignorance of the Vancouver fan base more than Tony Gallagher. The fact that he's an opinion maker among Canuck fans is pathetic and sad.

Burke was a dick but he was right about Gallagher being a horrible journalist, he should have been fired years ago.

I'm glad that hockey guys like Tomlinson and Ferraro finally showed up in this market and started calling him out on his horsesh!t, I only wish it would happen more.

Though many might not agree with the G Man, please don't cherry pick his writing as well. He makes many valid points and has had many articles praising the Canucks (he even wrote a book on their '82 run and how it inspired a province).

Bottom line-SJ coaching staff deemed it important to go to this "young stars" (how did every young player suddenly be coined a star?) event but Vancouver didn't. The point of this articles more seems to be that Vanouver isn't paying extra special attention to anyone of these players until they see wha they can do against the vets in the regular camp.

gallagher is a failure, not sure how the province can keep such a incompetant journalist what a hack! So im sure travis green and his assistants will be able to manage the prospect tournament and report back to gillis i hope we sign (cassels, subban, cederholm, pacan and franson) to entry level ontracts if we havent already they look like gamers in a few yrs

talk about who gives a frack. Only thing I can think of is that not having the coaches there gives the kids a bit less pressure? who knows... Or maybe they have more important things to do? Or maybe they are just being lazy and don't give a shat - want to watch reruns of slapshot and slapshot 2 instead? Or maybe they are trying to save mileage on their cars?

When you are attributing intent to others - albeit indirectly in this article - it is useful to also analyze both positive and negative aspects of what you are attributing, and positive and negative aspects of what their intent could be. But that requires more thought than most people want to read about - so that's why they don't write that stuff. And this is just hockey, not politics or world affairs / economics... something that really matters... ahem..

Tony's article is one of his weaker ones - but he has to write something... there is sweet f-all going on that hasn't been said already... I'll bet he is just peeved because he can't write about the coach's reactions to the games, and he can't start analyzing them yet - ye has to write about "nothing much" for his weekend article ;) true?

Though many might not agree with the G Man, please don't cherry pick his writing as well. He makes many valid points and has had many articles praising the Canucks (he even wrote a book on their '82 run and how it inspired a province).

Bottom line-SJ coaching staff deemed it important to go to this "young stars" (how did every young player suddenly be coined a star?) event but Vancouver didn't. The point of this articles more seems to be that Vanouver isn't paying extra special attention to anyone of these players until they see wha they can do against the vets in the regular camp.

So, please highlight the "valid points" rather than simply stating that they're there? Of course we can cherry pick his writing...it's part of not agreeing with it. Thing is, if this was a one shot deal where he's pointing out something negative, I'd have an easier time in accepting it. But it's his theme lately - we hear "doo doo" and "divas" and whining and waa on a regular basis. It's hard to find a positive TG article lately and, sorry, but I'm excited about the season and have a let the chips fall where they may type mentality. Seems TG packs it in before the puck even hits the ice. And, as a fan of the team, that irks me. Gloom and doom, all the time.

Mr. Hopeless: the topic isn't "these fans". So, rather than simply insult a good portion of the fanbase, care to comment on the article we're addressing?

Wow. Gallagher is sure being negative this year. Why does sportsnet have him talk to murph during intermissions? If I would suggest something to SN it is that they top bringing on reporters who constantly slag the team. We don't want to see them.

This is why teams like Boston are successful. It's a different culture. Positivity around our team and not moaning and bitching is what we need.

Okay, the guy that's never held a hockey stick before is questioning how a new coaching staff should be spending their time? As if they're hanging out a beach instead you stupid pos. I guarantee they're working 10 hour days at least to get ready. Camp opens in a week, and the prospects that have a chance will be there.

Archived