The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] NYI Matt Moulson + Picks for BUF Thomas Vanek

Strombone1

well they are the same age and both are upcoming ufa's, I can see the need for the first as Vanek is quite a bit better than Moulson, Moulson is great but Vanek can be dominant. I can see both Vanek and Tavares reaching 100 points this year, gonna be a top 5 in the league line. And you never know Moulson may have told management he wanted to test FA. I really hope Vanek likes the Island and re signs.

Vanek and Tavares could be really interesting, I think Vanek's one of the more underrated scorers in the league.

But Moulson and Tavares had proven chemistry, I would have guessed that it'd be easier to resign Moulson than Vanek (and for a lot less money too), and they also gave up 1st and 2nd round picks?

Garth Snow WTFs again.

Moulson is better than Vanek. I don't see Vanek and Tavares having much chemistry either as both are shooters. Horrible move by the Islanders, but I can imagine Moulson and Hodgson to form a lot of great chemistry.

Moulson = shooter also so I wouldn't rule out chemistry yet, and I think most people would disagree with Moulson being better, Moulson is underated but not by that much

vanek isn't a plug. he's a top line sniper. The only issue here is the islanders overpaying for him as Moulson could have done almost as well as vanek

vanek isn't a plug. he's a top line sniper. The only issue here is the islanders overpaying for him as Moulson could have done almost as well as vanek

I mean In a way that Vanek won't resign..

Kind of silly for the Islanders to give up there relationship with Moulson for another pending UFA. They don't have much to attract players. Buffalo wins either way that's for sure.

They don't attract people that much, but anyone they get seems to stay.

This could end up being a very good trade for NYI. Vanek will score way more goals than Moulson with Taveres feeding him. He's an incredible sniper and will send the Islanders over the top. I am really impressed with their team and think they might make some noise in the palyoffs.

Sure, Vanek might not stay on, but the same could be said about Moulson with Buf. I think if NYI do well in the POs, Vanek would have no reason not to sign. He hasn't had a centerman of Taveres' calibre ever.

The first will be mid pick and the second may not be much of anything. I'd rather have one of the best snipers in the game.

Vanek and J.T. would have to absolutely dominate (and Tomas would have to re-sign with them) while Moulson stinks it up in Buffalo for this trade to be near good value... I mean Tomas is good but that little rental "upgrade" (even that is debatable at this moment with how well Matt's been playing lately) at that cost just reeks of desperation on Snow's part.

Archived