The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth scratched yet again

Everybody Hates Raymond

Yay! I hope this puts Richardson back in the top 9. Booth's return has only meant limiting Richardson's hard earned opportunity.

Sedin - Sedin -Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Richardson - Santorelli - Kassian

Sestito - Welsh - Weise

Some versatility there with the return of Hansen, and Kesler to centre.

I like that lineup. The 4th line needs 8 minutes of TOI to develop. The 3rd needs at least 12 minutes. That leaves 40 minutes for the two top lines to split.

Booth's effort since coming back up was there but effectiveness wasn't. How many passes went thru his blade against Dallas? Three I think. I think extended play in the AHL is the only way to rebuild his game. I am sure that Gillis would rather free up CAP space by moving him even if that means taking some salary back.

david-booth-hunting-trophy-mountain-goat.jpg

Apparently if you kill one you become one!

Before him it was Luongo

Last year it was Raymond - now everyone would love to trade booth for Raymond

Before that AV or Ballard, or Rome, or Alberts, or Bieksa, or Higgins, or Lappierre or Edler, or whoever isn't living up to YOUR expectations.

Why can't people just wish him the best and move on with it, He's not getting traded, him getting waived won't do anything. Complaining about him here certainly won't either.

Not sure what you guys are expecting but just wait to see if he is bought out in the offseason or best case scenario he starts playing like the decent player he has been.

It's not like he goes into each game praying "Dear baby lord Jesus please allow me to suck tonight."

He suffered some major injuries, shiz happens, its a rough sport, people need to learn to relax.

He used to be really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMEzEslYfc

Yup, i was so pumped when we got him.

The trade at the time was great, Sturm was a mistake that Gillis realized quickly and changed, Samuelsson was aging and becoming pretty useless. We gave up nothing in player value.

Its a shame he never found his groove here, crap happens. I dont fault MG, he didnt sign the contract.

I fault bad injury luck and David himself.

david-booth-hunting-trophy-mountain-goat.jpg

Apparently if you kill one you become one!

Before him it was Luongo

Last year it was Raymond - now everyone would love to trade booth for Raymond

Before that AV or Ballard, or Rome, or Alberts, or Bieksa, or Higgins, or Lappierre or Edler, or whoever isn't living up to YOUR expectations.

Why can't people just wish him the best and move on with it, He's not getting traded, him getting waived won't do anything. Complaining about him here certainly won't either.

Not sure what you guys are expecting but just wait to see if he is bought out in the offseason or best case scenario he starts playing like the decent player he has been.

It's not like he goes into each game praying "Dear baby lord Jesus please allow me to suck tonight."

He suffered some major injuries, shiz happens, its a rough sport, people need to learn to relax.

Thank you. The negativity on this board is sickening.

Will waiving him do anything to help our cap situation? No.

Is any team going to trade for him and that contract right now? No.

Is buying him out going to give us cap relief? Not until the next off-season.

If Booth returns to pre-injury Booth, can he be a valuable asset to our top 6? Hell yes he can.

Since there's nothing we can do but wait, why not just get behind the dude?

You can't reward the guy for unquestionable failure. He can't take ice time away from players that want to be there. He didn't even have a hit last game.....that's just not caring, every one can surely manage the occassional hit. He needs to come to an understanding with himself and he's not doing it....I guess Florida witnessed that and were able to jettison him....Gillis job is to try and find a clone of himself

Unofficial poll question.

Booth will be a significant contributor to this team IF:

1. He can get over his injuries and stay healthy for a long period or

2. He can get his hunger for the game back or

3. He gets an long opportunity on the second line or

4. Hell freezes over.

5. he is traded to someone within our division

So much for playing this guy a bunch and getting him going.

But from what I've seen, his compete level just isn't there - not that I have seen him tons...

The compete level can appear low when a player's timing is off, they are never in the right position to compete, never at the right place to make a play... so it looks like they aren't trying. They ARE trying, it is just that they are out of sync with the opportunities on the ice. If that makes sense.

But whatever the reason... he isn't helping us win games right now anyways so no big loss. How the might hopes have fallen... I'd be happy if he could just stick with the 4th line right now

Yay! I hope this puts Richardson back in the top 9. Booth's return has only meant limiting Richardson's hard earned opportunity.

Sedin - Sedin -Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Richardson - Santorelli - Kassian

Sestito - Welsh - Weise

Some versatility there with the return of Hansen, and Kesler to centre.

I agree again!

When is it time to experiment once more with Kassian and the Twins?

Don't think waiving Booth would give us any cap relief whatsoever. I thought the new CBA only allowed a value of $900K to be taken off the books when a player was sent down. This was for teams like NY burying mistakes like Redden in the AHL.

Or is that only for newly signed contracts?

Archived