The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

Booth is better than weise though.

I should hope so. He makes like a zillion dollars more!

And I disagree with that statement. Weise plays his role on the team better than Booth plays his role. Weise is a 4th line grinder and he does that on most nights. Booth was brought in to be a goal scorer...still waiting on that...

And I disagree with that statement. Weise plays his role on the team better than Booth plays his role. Weise is a 4th line grinder and he does that on most nights. Booth was brought in to be a goal scorer...still waiting on that...

I wonder where you could offload booth too. I thought for a while he was doing quite well and then poof.

I'm not sure why he didn't play in the superskills.

But Booth is showing signs of being a decent hockey player, so what if he isn't a 2nd line player and scoring goals. Atleast he creates opportunities for his teammates and crashes the net. Last year he was injured and didn't do anything but atleast now he is showing effort.

He is improving but I think Torterella expects to much.

Exactly this. I think him with Dalpe and Weise would be pretty strong, since there's 3 guys who all have speed and go to the net hard. If nothing else, they can tip shots from the point, jam home rebounds and create havoc.

When Burr's back and Tom "Power Forward" Sestito's off his hot streak, I'd like to see this for the playoffs

Danny - Hank - Burr

Higgins - Kes - Santo

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Booth - Dalpe - Weise (decent play-driving unit)

//Sestito, Archibald (guess they'd want to keep him in the "A" in the meantime though)

Sestito's been one of our better players??

Booth is a serviceable depth forward regardless of his lack of production because he's actually a better two way player than most people realize imo. His underlying numbers have always been consistently quite strong.

Apparently in addition to his struggles, he also just doesn't appeal to Tortorella. Not hard to relate to Tortorella on this one, particularly with how uninspired Booth has looked recently, but at the same time Tortorella has had his friction with both Hansen and Hamhuis and in both those cases that is the last thing I want to see and have to question Tortorella's judgement in those contexts.

Perhaps a cap dump for cap dump deal is possible with a club that has likewise seen enough of a player and wants to roll the dice on a comparable.

Erat.

I'd suggest a deal like Booth for Upshall - who started strong this season, but 2 pts in last 13 games. A reclamation project I've found interesting for a while, but would Tallon be willing to revisit Booth?

Upshall and Goc for Booth, Weise and a 2nd.

I wonder where you could offload booth too. I thought for a while he was doing quite well and then poof.

I was hoping he'd continue to do even a little decent so that we could trade him. The way he's going right now, no other GM in the league is dumb enough to take on his contract. It'll have to be a buyout and we won't get even a bag of pucks back in return for him. It'll go down as just a terrible pickup by the Canucks

I think we've tried every possible method of reclaiming Booth's former glory, from now struggling with 2 coaches, to an unproductive AHL stint to top 9 NHL minutes without ever really being notable. He's broken, lost somewhere between dead mountain goats and Jesus songs. I don't think a change of scenery will help Booth anymore, he's checked out.

Lol, nice analogy..I agree....

I dont care what anyone says about Booth, he isnt worth 4.5 million dollars..no where near it.

The Crap over the last 3 years about Ballard is still ringing in my ears,, at least Ballard when used played pretty good..Booth, not so much.

Lets just dump this contract and free up the cap and move on..it didnt work and who wants to pay that salary for a guy playing on the 4th line or parked in the press box.

I think weise has just as many nights off as booth. Yes booth doesn't play near his worth, but we can't change that, can't trade him. For mine he is a better grinder than weise. But hey I like welsh bettenrthan the both of them.

Booth_zps7851602d.jpg

That's a decent amount of playing time though why would he drop from 15 minutes per game to 0 it doesn't make sense to me.

Is there no in between? It's not like he is a pure scorer he can be fast and physical like a 4th liner should.

He's either sending a message or is going to be traded.

Not sure who would take him at this point though.... Why couldn't we just let him play for a bit as he really was not bad and look to trade for a better deal.

I don't get it.

Martin Erat plz

I wanted to like Booth, I really did. I was excited when we traded for him and I tried so hard to get behind him, but I hate to say it, he's pretty freakin' useless.

Sadly, Booth and Reinprecht have still be more useful than Samuelsson and Sturm have been since that trade occurred.

That trade should've been a landslide victory for us. Unfortunately, both parties appear to have lost (well, I guess Florida saving boatloads of money is a win for them).

That's a decent amount of playing time though why would he drop from 15 minutes per game to 0 it doesn't make sense to me.

Is there no in between? It's not like he is a pure scorer he can be fast and physical like a 4th liner should.

He's either sending a message or is going to be traded.

Not sure who would take him at this point though.... Why couldn't we just let him play for a bit as he really was not bad and look to trade for a better deal.

I don't get it.

Martin Erat plz

Because our goal is to win games and if Booth isn't helping us win, he shouldn't play. I also agree with Torts holding players accountable and the easiest way for a coach to do that is with ice time. We need Booth to play to his strengths, which is playing physical, driving the play, and shooting the puck. He wasn't doing that. Weise wasn't doing what we need him to do (play physical, make safe plays), so he sat, too. Sestito is doing what Torts wants him to do and was rewarded with PP time and more ice time.

Archived