The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Discussing Edler for Franzen Trade w/ Detroit, Interest in Gaborik/Vanek/Moulson, Calls on Kesler

Mike gillis would be a complete moron to trade for franzen, if he did im sure a lot of people would be calling for his head

Is it possible for more people to want his head? Pretty sure the only people are on his side because they are delusional, still holding onto that 2011 run or are trolls. Consensus is Vancouver wants him gone.

Nyquist is going to be the next Zetterberg, they're not giving him up that easily. He's pretty much untouchable in Wings fans' eyes.

I agree with this assessment.

People think Detroit is going to give up one of their most productive players, youngest and cheapest players + more for Edler. And that is nonsense. Same goes with DeKeyser. They'll give a touted prospect ++ but not a chance they're adding cap while losing such a dynamic force on their roster

Must. Get. Mantha.

The next Carter, and that's being conservative.

As for Kesler, if the Blues want a cup, they can give us a 1st, Ty Rattie and Jake Allen.

Keep dreaming. Blues don't need Kesler and that trade hurts them. Plus cap wise it doesn't work unless we retain a part of Kesler's salary, which is stupid.

Must. Get. Mantha.

As for Kesler, if the Blues want a cup, they can give us a 1st, Ty Rattie and Jake Allen.

Why would we trade KEsler for a good prospect, a very low first rounder and a goalie.... Thats terrible, especially to one of the strongest teams in the West..

I wouldnt trade Kesler for anything less then a roster player, a top pick in a draft or a recent former top pick as in top 10 minimum, and a 1st rounder

MINIMUM, and I dont even want to trade him, we just need to fill out our top 6

Keep dreaming. Blues don't need Kesler and that trade hurts them. Plus cap wise it doesn't work unless we retain a part of Kesler's salary, which is stupid.

How would acquiring Kesler hurt the St Louis blues.. Thats crazy talk especially us getting Jake allen that doesnt even make sense for either teams, we have Lui , eddie and Joacim, and they will need him eventually

How would acquiring Kesler hurt the St Louis blues.. Thats crazy talk especially us getting Jake allen that doesnt even make sense for either teams, we have Lui , eddie and Joacim, and they will need him eventually

starting point for a trade involving Kesler would involve 2 high first round pick, 2 blue chip prospect. Highly doubt the Nucks trade him for such a low return

They don't need him, they are doing extremely well already. So giving up a 1st and 2 good prospects would make no sense for the Blues.

I don't get why people want to trade Kesler. I would trade Burrows and Edler before Kesler.

They don't need him, they are doing extremely well already. So giving up a 1st and 2 good prospects would make no sense for the Blues.

I don't get why people want to trade Kesler. I would trade Burrows and Edler before Kesler.

Because you could get more for Kesler than burrows and Edler. Burrows has virtually no trade value right now and there's no way Edler would be worth as much. GM's have to realize his declining play by now.

Kesler isn't going anywhere. He's too valuable to the Canucks org. Both Eds and Kes have NTC and MG has already said he wont ask any player to waive their NTC rights. It cant be spelled out any clearer than that.

For now this team is what it is. I think they can get into the payoffs easy enough, and we all know that if a team can get hot at the right time, it can mean a long playoff run. Just have get in first

If GMMG really meant what he said and won't ask anyone to waive, he should be fired right now and we should hire someone who will. I seriously don't believe he meant what he said. Every GM lies about stuff like that.

He handcuffed himself with these NTCs and he won't even ask them to waive? What else can he do to this team if he can't trade anyone with NTC? by drafting? trading our draft picks or prospects? free agent signings? give me a break.

Kesler = Tatar, Nyquist + 2nd?

Good offer...

That's why we are stuck in this position. You think exactly like Gillis. Yes, this is a gamble. But If you dont just roll the dice once in a while, how do you turn the table. For all we know, they can be Crosby, Toews and Weber, or 3 busts. I'm willing to take the chance if I'm only giving up a second line centre, a top 4 D and a back up goalie. At least it gives me hope for the next few years.

Bullcookies!

Scouting gives us a pretty good indication we're not getting Crosby, Toews or Weber in that deal. Reinhart and Strome are high picks, not generational talents by ANY stretch. Thats a similar package to what LA paid for Richards, so if Kesler's contract was longer thats what you get for a player of his stature. Not Kesler, PLUS what you hope Reinhart becomes, PLUS a guy looking like an NHL starter.

Take one of 3 out (Reinhart, Strome or the First) and its a fair return for Kesler on his own, considering 2 & 1/4 years on his contract.

Must. Get. Mantha.

Pardon me?

Mike Richards gets Simmonds, who is a physical beast not an undersized question mark. Plus a #5 overall pick and B Schenn a recent pick of similar stature. Richards is on track for 14 goals and 40 points right now BTW.

Open your negotiation with Sobotka and Rattie or a first...

Also, Mantha next Carter? Offensively, yes a pretty darn good chance! The balance of physical play, defence and championship blood in his veins???

Allen is going to be a beast, that's why I said it. Rattie is doing great for his first season pro, definite star there.

If you guys think we can get more for Kes, then I'm all for it. Keep in mind he hasn't hit 70 points in 2 seasons.

Man your valuing Kesler so wrongly its terrible.

Take a step back past numbers, Kesler is one of our top 3 players.

He plays 20+ minutes a game, he dominates the face off dot, he goes hard every shift, he anchors our second line, and pushed our PP to its highest heights in 2011. He has beasted for us in playoff series showing he can elevate his game.

He forechecks, back checks, shuts down top lines and has won a Selke award.

And you are telling me he is worth a low 1st round pick, a small offensive prospect who hasnt proven a thing yet in the NHL, and a goalie prospect.. To a powerhouse in our conference?

Would you say Bergeron would be traded for more or less than Kesler? He has scored only 70 pts once in his career? Same draft year as Kes too?

Would St Louis trade backes for a similar package to that? He has never scored over 62 pts?

I am just baffffffled by this trade offer, if Gillis made this I would give up on the canucks for a cple years, it would be god awful

Zetterberg's back sounds toasted; Datsyuk seems to be winding down with constant ailments.

Might Detroit OVERPAY to land their Michigan-boy, Kes? Would Kesler love to play there(making NTC inconsequential)?

I won't profess to know Det's prospects to bother listing a precise package, but some of you guys must know what it should look like. Something like Nyquist/Tatar, D-prospect, & 2015 1st is ludicrous?

If the Wings view this as a 'Last Hurrah', & they'll pay through the nose, we've GOTTA look hard at it.

Nyquist will be tough to pry out of Detroit. He's already producing as much offense as Kesler.

Doubt we'd get him - let alone additional assets - but that's the type of return we'd need to part with Kes. A surefire top 6 guy HAS to be coming back.

Bullcookies!

Scouting gives us a pretty good indication we're not getting Crosby, Toews or Weber in that deal. Reinhart and Strome are high picks, not generational talents by ANY stretch. Thats a similar package to what LA paid for Richards, so if Kesler's contract was longer thats what you get for a player of his stature. Not Kesler, PLUS what you hope Reinhart becomes, PLUS a guy looking like an NHL starter.

Take one of 3 out (Reinhart, Strome or the First) and its a fair return for Kesler on his own, considering 2 & 1/4 years on his contract.

Scouting? are you kidding me? Look at Team Canada. Our top D paring are both second rounders. (Keith and Weber) And what do people say about Datsyuk and Zetterberg before the draft?

And back to that trade. So you mean you're not going to take that deal if it's on the table? You need to give your head a shake.

I'm not even expecting the 3 to turn out to be generational talents. I will be god damn happy if they turn out to be something along the line like ROR, RNH and PK Subban.

Archived