The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Are you actually serious? You clearly didn't read my post. I said IF other teams think he is a #2 then they would be willing to give up a forward for edler.

Still though, you called him a plug.

It shows your lack of knowledge for Edler when he can clearly get us a top-6 forward. You act like you have more logic than any GM in the NHL. "Oh, quick, trade Edler for a top-6 centre/winger to play with Kesler before "actual professionals" whether it be scouts, coaching, or management who have absolutely no idea what they are getting themselves into actually see him play and realize Edlerz sucksz!!"

You are truly fooling yourself if you don't believe that there are GM's out there who whole-heartedly believe that Edler is worth a legit young top-6 forward or maybe even more. GM's would think you look like a tool for 1. calling Edler a plug, and 2. thinking that you have better hindsight assessing abilities than these true professionals in the greatest hockey league in the world do.

This is crappy logic on your part.

Oh and trading for 2014 picks doesn't make a whole lot of sense either, considering how weak the draft year is.

Unless we target weak teams. Maybe apprach some other crap teams at the draft to see if they want our good players in exchange for their good picks. Then (and this is key) use those picks to draft some great players.

Still though, you called him a plug.

It shows your lack of knowledge for Edler when he can clearly get us a top-6 forward. You act like you have more logic than any GM in the NHL. "Oh, quick, trade Edler for a top-6 centre/winger to play with Kesler before "actual professionals" whether it be scouts, coaching, or management who have absolutely no idea what they are getting themselves into actually see him play and realize Edlerz sucksz!!"

You are truly fooling yourself if you don't believe that there are GM's out there who whole-heartedly believe that Edler is worth a legit young top-6 forward or maybe even more. GM's would think you look like a tool for 1. calling Edler a plug, and 2. thinking that you have better hindsight assessing abilities than these true professionals in the greatest hockey league in the world do.

This is crappy logic on your part.

Edler sucks. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

You can argue with me all you want, but that won't change my opinion on Edler.

Tanev +8

Hamhuis +7

Stanton +5

Garrison -4

Bieksa +3

Edler - 23

That's garbage. None of our other regular D men are anywhere near that terrible stat.

In this case, it's NOT a team stat. Clearly our other Dmen, including the one who plays with Edler, know how to defend. Edler doesn't

kesler and edler for turris, zibanejad, cowen?

Cowen is not that interesting tbh good size but we don't need another LHD...And not really a big follower of the Sens so not sure if there have a piece id be interested in to send Kesler over...Being a player that can play wing and all has more use to us unless he wants out

It's not so bad assuming you get a good return. It sucks at first but then the new players come in and show what they can do and you feel better about it.

At least that's how I feel every other year when Holmgren trades my teams core players.

Yeah I know how you feel. I follow the Flyers a bit. If I had a 3rd favourite, It'd be them. I just pray they don't trade Giroux. I have his jersey, got it before Richie and Carter were traded.

Gillis just said he would like to get a winger for Kesler. Other GM's value Edler and we can afford to trade him. Not hard to put 2 and 2 together here.

Exactly. As good as Edler was on Sweden, he can't translate with the Nucks and it's time for a change for the best of both him and Vancouver. At the same time, obviously you don't trade him for the sake of just trading and better get a sufficient return otherwise, it'll come back to shoot you in the foot.

Edler sucks. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

You can argue with me all you want, but that won't change my opinion on Edler.

Tanev +8

Hamhuis +7

Stanton +5

Garrison -4

Bieksa +3

Edler - 23

That's garbage. None of our other regular D men are anywhere near that terrible stat.

In this case, it's NOT a team stat. Clearly our other Dmen, including the one who plays with Edler, know how to defend. Edler doesn't

Lol your supporting your reasoning for calling a Edler a plug on one season? What happened to what he accomplished in the not so distant future? I think three things the canucks need. A player for the Sedins to play with, A player for kesler to play with, and a d-man to compliment Edler like a Karlsson type. How we get this is the million dollar question.

I don't know if it's a good idea to trade either of them this season. Kesler is a gifted PKer and considering the Canucks aren't scoring, it would be really stupid to move him. Not to mention that a team looking for a centre like Kesler probably won't want to deal a top 6 forward in return. As for Edler, he's had a rough year, but I think it would be a better idea to trade another asset and find Edler a partner to play with.

Ever since Sami Salo left, Edler hasn't been the same. Some defencemen just play better when they have the right partner. (See: Keith/Seabrook,and formerly Weber/Suter)

It might be just an off year, but something is really wrong with Hamhuis, he doesn't look anything like the defenceman he used to be. Canucks may want to take a chance asking him to be moved for some assets.

I know the Islanders won't part with him on the cheap, but Vanek would be great to plug into the lineup, even as a rental. At this point, anyone with offensive abilities would be welcome.

I don't know if it's a good idea to trade either of them this season. Kesler is a gifted PKer and considering the Canucks aren't scoring, it would be really stupid to move him. Not to mention that a team looking for a centre like Kesler probably won't want to deal a top 6 forward in return. As for Edler, he's had a rough year, but I think it would be a better idea to trade another asset and find Edler a partner to play with.

Ever since Sami Salo left, Edler hasn't been the same. Some defencemen just play better when they have the right partner. (See: Keith/Seabrook,and formerly Weber/Suter)

It might be just an off year, but something is really wrong with Hamhuis, he doesn't look anything like the defenceman he used to be. Canucks may want to take a chance asking him to be moved for some assets.

I know the Islanders won't part with him on the cheap, but Vanek would be great to plug into the lineup, even as a rental. At this point, anyone with offensive abilities would be welcome.

Exactly like Aquilini said this season doesn't represent the true Canucks players we know.

Exactly. As good as Edler was on Sweden, he can't translate with the Nucks and it's time for a change for the best of both him and Vancouver. At the same time, obviously you don't trade him for the sake of just trading and better get a sufficient return otherwise, it'll come back to shoot you in the foot.

I just reaaallllyyyy hope Gillis doesn't screw this up. Edler is so underrated on this board it's almost sickening. His value is much higher than people make it out to be.

I actually see Edler to Buffalo. That's the beginnings of a really nice dcore for them moving forward.

Give back Ennis and and a d prospect.... Like Zadarov!

Ehrhoff-Myers

Zadorov-Ristolainen

McCabe-Pysyk

That will be their d-core when their re-build is complete.

I doubt they want another d-man.

Archived