The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Luongo sitting out again because he's in play?

VegasCanuck

I have this itching idea at the back of my head that Luongo is in play right now for trade and they are doing everything they can to keep it quiet to avoid the same circus that happened last year.

Again, I have not seen anything posted about him specifically, but it would make sense if they are talking to teams about him that they don't want it public in case the talks don't result in an actual trade.

Why I think this?

Luongo's contract isn't the same problem at this deadline that it was last year when every GM was looking at the Cap reducing for 2013/14 and trying to figure out how to get their team under it.

He's been putting up really strong numbers this year and with Lack emerging as a solid NHL goalie, would they be once again trying to move him to another team as part of the overall rework?

Could he still wind up in Florida?

Just a thought!

Could be, but it's a risky move considering Lack's... lack of experience.

I would think if we needed a new goalie, we'd have a very good shot of signing Ryan Miller as a UFA with all the rumours that he wants to be close to California. It's about as close as he can hope to get.

I would think if we needed a new goalie, we'd have a very good shot of signing Ryan Miller as a UFA with all the rumours that he wants to be close to California. It's about as close as he can hope to get.

I would take Luongo over Miller any day of the week

This is pathetic.

Maybe because Lack is coming off a shutout performance against arguably the top team in the west?

Does that not seem like a smart move to you? No, I guess he's getting traded then...... where have I been?

Exactly this^^^^

This is retarded stupid. Wow, new highs everywhere for garbage creativity... :picard:

Archived