The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | G

Honeydew

With these type of performances It will be better to trade Miller to a contender at the trade deadline if a team is in need of a tender. Go with Lack and Marky the Swedish chefs.

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves...

Lack is playing horrible right now and when we had the Swedish Chef's combo they both were pretty bad.. Hence why Benning got Miller as an insurance policy. Looking back we should have gotten Hiller lol and have Calgary screwed with Miller.

Kind of hard to give him up though. Especially at his age. I'd rather see Lack have a few good starts to increase his value in a package or something.

And his pedigree.

It's funny how we got Eddie Lack as a UFA because he went unnoticed due to being Markstrom's backup in the SEL! Markstrom had a huge growth spurt after being drafted so it might have taken him a little longer to get used to his new 6'6" frame so I wouldn't give up on him like you say at his age and pedigree.

And his pedigree.

It's funny how we got Eddie Lack as a UFA because he went unnoticed due to being Markstrom's backup in the SEL! Markstrom had a huge growth spurt after being drafted so it might have taken him a little longer to get used to his new 6'6" frame so I wouldn't give up on him like you say at his age and pedigree.

Good point. I'd be real cautious about considering moving him for those reasons alone.

Markstrom is a keeper. So glad we didn't lose him on waivers.

I'd love to see him be the backup next season, whether it be through a Miller or Lack trade.

actually so would I...Miller wont be here for ever and I can see Lack going through trade..plus Eriksson isnt chopped meat ..but we are so deep in goalies and so thin on D,,,we need a quality PMD..so what ever it takes I guess.

Markstrom making it a guarantee we'll have to move a goalie sometime in the next year.

No way he ever clears waivers again.

What happens if lack or Miller get hurt and he gets called up? Does someone have to pass through waivers again or is there some sort of emergency call up clause?

ame="Spotted Zebra" post="12407576" timestamp="1414339478"]

re-entry waivers were removed, but once called up waivers would be required to send him down again.

If Lack or Miller gets hurt then we'll probably see Erickson get called up as an injury replacement since he can go up & down without waivers.

Thanks. Not a bad option either at .939 and 1.94