The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

Was gonna say you jinxed the no-no earlier, but NBD. A great outing from Alek, anyway.

It's impressive and yet mildly infuriating that this team is only 3 games above .500 despite having a +74 run differential (including today's current score).

Lots of season still left to play.  Jays need to shore up their bull-pen and they could go on a serious tear in the second half.  

On 7/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

It was on Youtube. Not sure why SNET didn't have it, unless it's some kind of contract that Youtube has for exclusive rights.

I found the link on MBL.com and apparently, they do a "game of the week" every week. Buck mentioned it on Tuesday night's broadcast, so I was kind of looking for it, but I didn't see much promotion other than that.

My monitor has better resolution than my TV, so the picture was great, but I ran into buffering issues a couple of times and had to restart the feed. There was one stretch where a Mariner hit a slow ground ball to short and the screen froze just as Bichette was getting ready to scoop it.....buy the time I had everything reset, Gurriel had just hit a homer to tie it at 6-6....

This will probably go into the books as another loss for the bullpen, but for my money, this loss is on the hitters. Even though they scored six runs, time and again they failed to produce when they had golden opportunities. (1 run on a Sac fly, when they had bases loaded, nobody out) In fact, they looked a lot like last year's Jays. Far too may swings at pitcher's pitches, when they were in hitter's counts...

Now I look and see that they're down by four in the 

1 hour ago, Mj2345 said:

Ohtani is now up to 30 HR, 3 up on Guerrero now

Unless something goes drastically wrong, I think he's a lock for AL MVP. Even if Vladdy catches and passes him, he doesn't have a 100 MPH fastball....

5 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Ohtani is now up to 30 HR, 3 up on Guerrero now

It’s pretty clear why he’s called the next Babe Ruth.  I wonder if, because he’s such an amazing hitter, if he will stop pitching to just bat, which is what Babe did?  Burning the candle at both ends will shorten the top years of his batting career.  

49 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Needed a sweep, but 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

Also, LOL Chapman. 3 straight blown saves. His ERA went from 1.97 to 4.71.

Quite the coinkydink pitchers like Cole and Chapman are getting exposed after the ban on sticky stuff was put out. 

• Upvote 1

Pitchers are supposedly freaking out over this sticky stuff thing I didn't know about this. I read one where the guy is basically saying he can't throw the ball properly anymore :lol:, another pitcher is blaming his injury now on not being able to use this sticky stuff :lol:. I wasn't aware it was this bad and how much they have relied on it, crazy cheaters.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

I always liked Tellez I thought Vladdy and Tellez would be a good combo at 1B/DH for years to come, but did acknowledge if his numbers didn't start going up this year he may be moved, it is what it is, but I hope this management holds Jansen to these same standards because it seems like they don't and he should of been gone last year, especially when I heard rumors of moving kirk or McGuire and not Jansen name recently. 

• Upvote 1

With Vladdy becoming a fixture at first, this was probably inevitable. You hate to lose a left handed power bat when you're a predominantly right handed team, but hopefully Dickerson can be that guy a little further down the road.

The important thing is they addressed an area of weakness and moved a mostly redundant piece to make it happen.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 2