The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I hope Price gets a win on Friday. It'll be a pretty bad story for him if he can't win when it starts to count...

The guy just isn't a playoff performer as much as I hate to say it.

Totally want him to prove me wrong, but just by looking at the numbers, you can't really say it's "bad luck" or just a "coincidence." He's been consistently bad :(

Glad they won today. Losing the way they did though yesterday was almost a freebie. Price has got to shine Friday. If our pitching can match or exceed theirs then our bats should outdo theirs. That hasn't been the case for most of this series though. Estrada was amazing today. Stroman was good enough but the bullpen made that first win of ours way closer than it should have been.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

At least this game starts at the end of a typical workday. I'll actually get to watch it. 

The guy just isn't a playoff performer as much as I hate to say it.

Totally want him to prove me wrong, but just by looking at the numbers, you can't really say it's "bad luck" or just a "coincidence." He's been consistently bad :(

He sure hasn't been able to do anything to the contrary yet. Hopefully he can get it together the first few innings and find a rhythm. You just know KC will be going for the jugular early on Friday.

Not sure if anyone read the article, but all hail Tulo's glove!

Hidden Content

Your hidden content is exceptionally well-hidden. 

I see it now. Boy, are those Chelios' shoulder pads there?

Edited by Green Building

Can anyone tell me what happened to the site..I couldnt get in for 3 days but it seems others have been posting???

Why waste Price...I dont like this move..Gibbons does some strang crap.

This is the first time I've been able to get in for a few days as well Shaky. I guess it had to do with the reformat, but for a while I was honestly wondering if I had been suspended or something.

I was wracking my brain trying to remember what I had said that might be worthy of the banhammer...:unsure:

• Upvote 1

I like the Jays' chances if they go into game 7 with Stroman pitching. Gotta get there first though, and tbh not feeling too good about game 6.

Price was pitching well in his first start of the series.  I question if Goins hadn't been the goat on that pay in short right field if the Jays would have lost that game.  Could, shoulda, woulda been up 3-2 rather than down 3 -2.

Edited by bobo
comment made inside the quote by mistake

I like the Jays' chances if they go into game 7 with Stroman pitching. Gotta get there first though, and tbh not feeling too good about game 6.

Price had a better outing than Stroman did this series. Stroman got bailed out by the high power offense. Price lost because of Goins mishap. 

Price presser just wrapped up, and damn it really looks like a mental thing more than anything. Reporters comparing him with Kershaw and asking him and you could see the burden Price was talking with. Very confident and positive like he always is but you just know the playoff thing is in the back of his mind.

He's better than 99% of the pitchers in the league and we all know how dominant he is. Just has to get the monkey off his back and get that postseason win. Can't emphasize enough, 1st inning will be crucial for Price tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

In this situation, either Goins or Bautista could have made the play easily. For that reason, Joey Bats didn't bother calling Goins off, but if he had, Goins is supposed to bail. The fact that he did so, when hearing Bautista's "footsteps", shows that this is the case.

Generally, it's the easier play for the outfielder to come in on a shallow bloop single, but not in this case. The middle infielders always have the "right of way", on those plays, especially if they wave off the outfields, because of their range to cover the field. 

We see countless times, around the league, when the SS or 2B make over the shoulder catches, in shallow outfield or make running foul balls catches away from their position.

Like I said, there was no reason for Bautista for call for the ball, when Goins waved him off twice.

Price presser just wrapped up, and damn it really looks like a mental thing more than anything. Reporters comparing him with Kershaw and asking him and you could see the burden Price was talking with. Very confident and positive like he always is but you just know the playoff thing is in the back of his mind.

He's better than 99% of the pitchers in the league and we all know how dominant he is. Just has to get the monkey off his back and get that postseason win. Can't emphasize enough, 1st inning will be crucial for Price tomorrow.

Hopefully we can get him a couple before hhe's even out there.

Generally, it's the easier play for the outfielder to come in on a shallow bloop single, but not in this case. The middle infielders always have the "right of way", on those plays, especially if they wave off the outfields, because of their range to cover the field. 

We see countless times, around the league, when the SS or 2B make over the shoulder catches, in shallow outfield or make running foul balls catches away from their position.

Like I said, there was no reason for Bautista for call for the ball, when Goins waved him off twice.

I'm not sure where you played your baseball, but the infielder does not have the right of way. It's an easier play for the guy coming in than it is for the guy going out and infielders are supposed to yield to outfielders on "in between" pop-ups.

In this particular case, it should have been an easy play for either one of them, so Bautista didn't bother calling Goins off, especially since Goins called for it.

• Upvote 1

Think you have it backwards bud. Outfielder definitely has the right away. Its easier to run forwards than backwards. I used to play LF. I had the right of way to call balls like that, not the 2B. 

Maybe Goins wasn't confident that Bautista would catch it. Can't blame him there.

Edited by Xbox

I've never EVER heard of an infielder having the right of way over an outfielder. I learned that in Shaughnessy Little League when I was probably still playing tee ball. Fun fact, I got struck out swinging by the guy that sliced Clint Malarchuk's throat.

I didn't see if this was written but, the other day on 1040, Bruce Arthur confirmed that the Jays were in the running to land Cueto but the price was Stroman so they went with Price.

I've never EVER heard of an infielder having the right of way over an outfielder. I learned that in Shaughnessy Little League when I was probably still playing tee ball. Fun fact, I got struck out swinging by the guy that sliced Clint Malarchuk's throat.

I didn't see if this was written but, the other day on 1040, Bruce Arthur confirmed that the Jays were in the running to land Cueto but the price was Stroman so they went with Price.

Reds must have been on some gooooood stuff if they thought they were gonna get Stroman for Cueto. 

We got a high baller in the house y'alll

Think you have it backwards bud. Outfielder definitely has the right away. Its easier to run forwards than backwards. I used to play LF. I had the right of way to call balls like that, not the 2B. 

Maybe Goins wasn't confident that Bautista would catch it. Can't blame him there.

Obviously if the Jays lose tonight the series is over but I think if they win tonight they're gonna win game 7 as well. The winner of this game takes the series and I (call it blind optimism) strongly believe Price will shake his demons tonight. He was so close his last time out, just let it unravel in the 7th but absolutely carved through the first 6. He's on the brink here.