The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Jays starting pitchers have gone more innings that anyone in the AL. I think you needed to let Estrada rest the 9th.

I guess that's a good or a bad thing depending how you look at it. I'm leaning towards the latter because the pen sucks so often.

That was scary. I don't know what it is with closers and non-save situations...

Sucks for Marco to give up the no-hitter and the shutout on one pitch, but the writing was kind of on the wall. The previous couple of innings, he hung a slider to Shaw that KP had to run down and what was supposed to be an inside fastball leaked well out over the plate to Hanley. It was a matter of time before somebody squared one up. (although you could have gotten some pretty long odds that it would have been Chris Young to do it)

Anyway, the important thing is it was another series win. On to Motown.

3 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Great to see Martin find his groove again. That ball was crushed.

@ShakyWalton, if you had to bet on it who do you think gets moved? Not who you'd move but who you think will get moved. 

My money would be on Goins. Seems to be the best balance between expendable and valuable in a trade. 

I have to agree..Barney is good in the field and has a hot bat..Travis has to much potential with power.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Jays starting pitchers have gone more innings that anyone in the AL. I think you needed to let Estrada rest the 9th.

Estrada had only given up one hit going into the 9th inning and with the Jays current schedule of 15 games in a row without a break Gibbons wanted to try and have Estrada close the game out. Giving his relievers that extra day off. It didn't work out but applaud Gibbons for taking Estrada out after only giving up one hit in the 9th.

Edited by flickyoursedin

8 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Martin must have more passed balls than any catcher in baseball. Wasn't he supposed to be this great defensive catcher?

He's supposed to very good at blocking and throwing people out at second but right now it doesn't look that way.