The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting video of Shulman on the SN site.  Basically saying the poor offence has just stressed the bull pen too much.  It has made it that there is just zero room for error.  He also said, if the offence was just half way between where it was last year and this year that they'd have 7-8 more wins easily.

If the offense was there and the bullpen wasn't terrible during the first half we'd have locked up the East a few weeks ago. 

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting video of Shulman on the SN site.  Basically saying the poor offence has just stressed the bull pen too much.  It has made it that there is just zero room for error.  He also said, if the offence was just half way between where it was last year and this year that they'd have 7-8 more wins easily.

for such a power laden team they dried up like prunes...cant win games constantly protecting 1 or 2 runs...they actually deserve what they get.

• Upvote 1

I think they probably need to win at least 2 out of 3 against the Red Sox to get a WC spot. It is going to come down to the wire. What a stinker in their last home game of the season, brutal.

The offense needs to deliver. Scoring 1 or 2 runs isn't going to cut it.

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Everyone is lacking fatigue at this stage of this season. I still have my fingers crossed that we will make a similar magical playoff run we made last season and hopefully winning the pennant. This could potentially be our last chance.

It'll depend on how they put together next years batting order.  The starting rotation isn't going anywhere, and potentially could be even better which should keep them fairly competitive.

37 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Baltimore is finishing their season off in New York with the Yankees just having swept Boston. Hopefully the Yanks take all three against Baltimore.

If that happens and say we only beat Boston once, are we good?

5 hours ago, Pears said:

If that happens and say we only beat Boston once, are we good?

Depends if Seattle wins all of their remaining games. If Seattle does, I think we play them in a one game, winner take all for the last wild card spot. This assuming, Detroit wins 3 of their 4 remaining games. 

5 hours ago, gmen81 said:

It's the last weekend of the season and we are playing meaningful baseball. I'll take that. 

Wouldn't you rather be able to rest some guys to get ready for the playoffs, cuz the games on the last weekend don't matter in the standings ??

Kind of obvious to me which situation most people would take.  

Edited by Neversummer

54 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Wouldn't you rather be able to rest some guys to get ready for the playoffs, cuz the games on the last weekend don't matter in the standings ??

Yeah I'm with you. I wish all the bats didn't go cold and now theres a chance we might not even make the wildcard. Its really frustrating seeing our starting pitchers play so well only to lose because everybody is striking out trying to crush a home run. Only to return next at bat with the same approach making average pitchers look elite. I'm scared for what Jays show up even if we make the wild card.

6 hours ago, gmen81 said:

It's the last weekend of the season and we are playing meaningful baseball. I'll take that. 

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

It would be nice to have the division or even a wild card spot locked up, but let's not forget that up until last year just being within sniffing distance of the playoffs in September was considered a modest success.

19 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

It would be nice to have the division or even a wild card spot locked up, but let's not forget that up until last year just being within sniffing distance of the playoffs in September was considered a modest success.

This. 

Ya it sucks the way we got here, but the past 20 years prior to last year we would've all taken this situation for the Jays, that's all I meant by saying at least we are playing for something. 

• Upvote 1