The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brian Burke: John Tortorella should 'keep his mouth shut'

J529

cleary Burke had no problem seeing the same Daniel Sedin who he drafted lying motionless on the ice. Burke is a scumbag and completely belongs in the hell that is Calgary.

Still can't believe people want that blow hard back here. Smh

Man who the heck is anyone and Burke to say to anyone to shut his mouth...Lets see you go try and shut it.

Just like when a lot of fans here would always say to Lu and other so and so player to "shut their mouth"...

Same thing. Now you realize fans?

Man who the heck is anyone and Burke to say to anyone to shut his mouth...Lets see you go try and shut it.

Just like when a lot of fans here would always say to Lu and other so and so player to "shut their mouth"...

Same thing. Now you realize fans?

Meh, people have as much right to tell people to shut up as those people have the right to not listen.

So if you don't like being told to shut up, ignore me. If you want to be an idiot and open your mouth, go ahead. Just don't complain when people tell you to shut up.

Don't know what people are upset about. He's the 'interim' GM. He has to stand up for his coach. That's part of his job. He did what he was supposed to do, regardless of what he actually thinks about Hartley.

the reason why where up set is that burke stands up for his coach. I saw the hit and its not a hockey play to my memory. sticking both hands out in front of you and shoving the guy from behind into the boards... when is that a hockey play.... thats a making of a dirty hit and torts was right to call him out on it. It was good of torts to contain his emotions and handle it this way. I can't stand burke. good on torts!

He has to defend his coach he didnt pick him but hes still got to defend him.

The one thing you can always praise burke for atleast in the media he defends his players till the last nail in the coffin is hit on his career at that organization.

Brian Burke drafted the Sedins he should know what kind of players they are and how much verbal and physical abuse is thrown at them day in and day out.

I respect Burke as an exec and I think he's a smart guy with good hockey sense. I also respect that he is very forthright with the media and fans and I respect what he's done in the name of his late son. But one thing I'll say about him is he needs to learn how keep his own mouth shut sometimes. I find his comments very ironic. I'd like to see what he would have said if he was still the GM here.

the reason why where up set is that burke stands up for his coach. I saw the hit and its not a hockey play to my memory. sticking both hands out in front of you and shoving the guy from behind into the boards... when is that a hockey play.... thats a making of a dirty hit and torts was right to call him out on it. It was good of torts to contain his emotions and handle it this way. I can't stand burke. good on torts!

I have zero problem with what Torts said. Burke's job is to defend his coach publicly, that is what is in the best interests of the franchise. He can certainly disagree with Hartley privately.

Archived