The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leafs discussing trades with various teams with Kadri, Kulemin, Gardiner and Bolland

Say what you want about the Leafs, but Kadri is a fantastic player with a lot of skill and great vision - something the Canucks have lacked up front. We didn't score many goals because our forwards are all grinders, and the only guys with any offensive skill (the twins) are declining. We've got enough size and grit up front - we need skill.

I'd throw our 1st away for him in a heartbeat, and if that's not enough give them a roster player like Hansen too. Kadri was on pace to out-score all Canucks and he's got potential, plus is the right age to fit our new core (Lack, Tanev, Kassian, Jensen, Matthias, Horvat/Shinkaruk/Fox). He's exactly what we need to replace Henrik and Kesler up front - a future #1 center. Something we don't have in our organization either.

Kadri - Kesler - Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Hansen - Santorelli - Higgins

Burrows - Richardson - Matthias

or

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Kadri - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Santorelli - Jensen

Burrows - Richardson - Matthias

This lets our young guys like Horvat and Shinkaruk develop for a bit longer, maybe see how they do in the AHL before rushing them up. We could easily slot them in in case of injury, but the Canucks need youth up front and having guys like Kassian, Kadri and Jensen playing a bigger role while guys like Burrows and the twins are slowly weaned off their ice time is the best thing for this core.

Certainly feasible lines. It comes down to what you lose with moving a #6 pic for Kadri. The Laffer turnovers were so brutal how do you assess anyone on that roster fairly. It was bad enough on Kadri's part

that Carlyle benched him at times. I simply do not have a good feeling about this kid. If Nonis was

prepared to move him for a 1st round pic then a huge 'red flag' would be raised IMO.

Since I assume Reilly is untouchable the only Laffer I would be interested in would be Gardiner. The

price would probably be to high anyway and that is not suggesting that he is worth a #6, 1st rounder.

Certainly feasible lines. It comes down to what you lose with moving a #6 pic for Kadri. The Laffer turnovers were so brutal how do you assess anyone on that roster fairly. It was bad enough on Kadri's part

that Carlyle benched him at times. I simply do not have a good feeling about this kid. If Nonis was

prepared to move him for a 1st round pic then a huge 'red flag' would be raised IMO.

Since I assume Reilly is untouchable the only Laffer I would be interested in would be Gardiner. The

price would probably be to high anyway and that is not suggesting that he is worth a #6, 1st rounder.

There's got to be red flags with Kadri..If the Leafs are dangling their coveted draft pick,there has to be a reason for it..Why trade our 6th OA for him.?..I'd rather draft our own player,minus the drama that follows Kadri around.

There's got to be red flags with Kadri..If the Leafs are dangling their coveted draft pick,there has to be a reason for it..Why trade our 6th OA for him.?..I'd rather draft our own player,minus the drama that follows Kadri around.

Agreed, & avoid giving our 1st. Maybe something like...

Hansen, Gaunce & a 2nd.

for, Gardiner & Kadri.

(Leafs need to keep costs down, & this deal would help)

Agreed, & avoid giving our 1st. Maybe something like...

Hansen, Gaunce & a 2nd.

for, Gardiner & Kadri.

(Leafs need to keep costs down, & this deal would help)

Hansen, Gaunce and a 2nd wont get us either of those players on their own, never mind together. The leafs lose offence and get a whole bunch of uncertainty back

I'd strongly consider that.

Please. You'd bend over and take it.

That's a terrible offer. Would you guys do Raymond Holland and a 5th for kassian? Because that's the same thing.

They'd only move kadri if it's an upgrade, or a defenseman on the right side.

I don t think anything happens with our core players. Linden is a guy that all our core knows well. I think he s someone they ll believe in and be happy staying. I believe Trevor s goin to try to build with the core in tact. Therefore, I don t see any of the rumored players coming to our beloved city. I think he may try to add one top six free agent in the off season and take the pick at #6. If Benning is indeed the guy for GM, I would watch out for a bit of a surprise when it s our pick.

I don t think anything happens with our core players. Linden is a guy that all our core knows well. I think he s someone they ll believe in and be happy staying. I believe Trevor s goin to try to build with the core in tact. Therefore, I don t see any of the rumored players coming to our beloved city. I think he may try to add one top six free agent in the off season and take the pick at #6. If Benning is indeed the guy for GM, I would watch out for a bit of a surprise when it s our pick.

It's a business. The team needs to be blown up and everyone knows it. Just because they are on good terms with Linden, doesn't mean he'll settle with mediocracy. He didn't get hired to not makes moves. Other than the Sedins, I bet every player has a decent chance of being traded.

Let's face it, NHL players are like stocks. You can make a decision based on past performance but that is no guarantee of future production.

The Rangers are the worst at this - Brad Richards, Rick Nash, even St. Louis' production dropped like a rock as soon as he put on a Ranger jersey.

Apparently now ,according to Leafs spokesman Darren Dreger....The Leafs are not actively shopping Phaneuf ,but are taking offers...With Dions new massive contract ,it looks like the Leafs now have their very own 'Luongogate'..(my contract sucks).

Apparently now ,according to Leafs spokesman Darren Dreger....The Leafs are not actively shopping Phaneuf ,but are taking offers...With Dions new massive contract ,it looks like the Leafs now have their very own 'Luongogate'..(my contract sucks).

Hahah - serves them right.

Although, I personally don't think Phaneuf is as bad as many make him out to be. The problem is, he needs to play with a steady veteran presence who can compliment him, and make up for his deficiencies. Kind of like how playing with Markov allows PK Subban to thrive. Or how Neidermayer/Pronger made Beauchimen look like an absolute beast - but he was terrible when he tried to be "the guy".

Phaneuf had that for a few years in Calgary. First with Hamrlik (who was quite underrated), then with Regehr/Aucoin. But once the former moved on and the latter started showing their age, Phaneuf was exposed. And right now, there is no one on the Leafs who is that type of player. But with the contract (mistake) and the captaincy (bigger mistake), he has to try to be "the guy" - and fails.

If TO was willing to let Phaneuf go for cheap to get out from that contract, I think another team could end up doing well by him.

If Shero won't give up Pouliot, Sutter and a 1st then Nonis might give Kadri, Gardiner 1st for Kesler. Although I doubt he waves to go there. Kadri would be a good 2nd line pivot to build with, Gardiner could QB the 2nd PP and the first could land Virtanen.

I would prefer the Pittsburgh deal though.

It'll probably have to be Kesler plus for both deals.

Whos cares about Sutter we should be going HARD after Pouliot.

Archived